Sign in to follow this  
bennadatto

Open Back Vertical Holster

opplanet-bianchi-x15-shoulder-holster-plain-tan-left-hand-22209.jpgAll,

I can't for the life of me figure out what is being used to keep the open back of this holster rigid so that the pistol doesn't fall out. I'm attaching a picture below in hopes that someone knows how to achieve this open back look.

Thanks!

they have steel springs inside,,which i have been looking for to try making my own,,,bianchi makes some first class stuff for sure..not at all sure how they are sewn in as i am very new to hoslter making but own one of the rigs

you have pictured for my S & W mod 29,,best way i know to carry a revolver that big...enjoy

I carried a 9mm Browning in one for a while though my issued holster had no strap at the top of the spring steel mouth. The only problem I found was returning the weapon - you had to put the muzzle in first and make sure it was firmly in place before pivoting the remainder of the weapon through the spring steel gap.

If you were in a hurry and shoved the weapon in from nearer the top it would push the slide part way back and chamber a round or it would cause a misfeed and jam when you did draw it.

A slightly weaker spring with the retaining strap would probably have cured that problem.

Gary