Spider

I just peeled this off his bones...

This is not as easy as I had initially assumed but well worth it when it's done. What do you think?

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

Edited by Spider

Looks super cool. You'll be able to scare the bejesus out of people with that one, may you get a door to door sales person soon.

Your work paid off, looks hellish in the best possible way.

You really outdid yourself this time.... very cool. Linda

THAT IS PERFECTION MY FRIEND!!!!!! :clapping::thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

The colouring is perfect too, please tell me it is full scale?

Tom

Looks super cool. You'll be able to scare the bejesus out of people with that one, may you get a door to door sales person soon.

Your work paid off, looks hellish in the best possible way.

Thank you Pauly. Yeah, maybe the sales person will even drop their product in the process. lol

You really outdid yourself this time.... very cool. Linda

YAY Linda, Thank you!!!

THAT IS PERFECTION MY FRIEND!!!!!! :clapping::thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

The colouring is perfect too, please tell me it is full scale?

Tom

Thanks a bunch Tom. I love the color too. Turned out nicely aged, burnt and just plain freak'n EVIL... :evillaugh:

Very creepy looking! I like it. Wonderful nostrils.

A +.............I WILL BE DOING MY HALLOWEEN SHOPING WITH YOU...........

Oh my... brrrrr... feels hot and cold. Hot from the fires of hell and shivering down my spine from the spookiness! Love the way you did the coloring. Great job, Spider!

creepy, in a good way, did you use a skull model or do all the hard work yourself, is it full size ? love the color

Spider,

I LOVE it! Great job!

Mask-making is fun, but seeing what the rest of you come up with is even better : )

~Tammy

Completely over the top! I love it.

Thanks everyone. I love what I've been inspired to do from this forum. I'm just trying to keep up with every other creative person in here with my little style.

Roo, this is full scale over a skull. Although the I had to add some details and work around one eye that the existing skull had. Oh, and the existing skull has a scorpion on the head with had to be worked around and removed.

Flippin wicked man !!!!!!! That color is dead on. What color is that , is it dye,stain,paint, what. How did you apply it ?? What weight of leather are you using ? how long did it take ? What did you eat for lunch that day ? I've always wonder when one makes a wild mask, how close is it to what you where going for ?

Awesome work of art!

The color, WOW!!

jc

Flippin wicked man !!!!!!! That color is dead on. What color is that , is it dye,stain,paint, what. How did you apply it ?? What weight of leather are you using ? how long did it take ? What did you eat for lunch that day ? I've always wonder when one makes a wild mask, how close is it to what you where going for ?

Hey Freak thanks dude. Yeah I like how the color turned out. I kinda got lost in this one again and when I was done I said Wow too. kinda hard to explain but I'm sure you know the feeling. The dye is Tandy's Antique Saddle Tan. I like working with it cause it's a gel. I apply it with a foam brush, wipe with shop rag to semi smoothen. Wait a while then reapply it but let it puddle in some spots for that blackish detail. The leather is, I believe, 2/3 oz. totally soaked and fit over and slowly dried it with my wife's pretty blow dryer. It took about 3 hrs because I worked in between dinner, chatting with company and my boy was asleep so I had to be kinda quiet.

This actually turned out way way better than I anticipated but I am glad it did. Oh, and btw I had an Al Pastor Torta for lunch with chips and an orange soda....fanta I think.

Awesome work of art!

The color, WOW!!

jc

thanks jc, This was a bit tough but fun non the less.

You are so creative and do so many different types of projects,

You truly inspire me to try other types of carving as well as other projects.

THANK YOU for sharing you work so freely as others do here and for doing SO MANY projects to inspire :)

Thank you SadEyes. I am giving back what because others are so generous as well. Plus, I am having fun and learning in the meantime...

....not to mention my short attention span.... :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius:

Really nice Spider.

Really nice Spider.

Thanks Larry. I still love your business card.

Spider, great looking and very scarry. Love the color as well.

Ken

Wicked Superb Spider! Great color and yes, it's creepy scary in a GOOD way!

Hey Spider,

Love this one! I am willing to bet that your kids do not want for cool Halloween masks. HA!, :You_Rock_Emoticon:

spider, man that is freaking wicked. would make a great tail light cover with the red glow comming out the openings. oh great now you got me thinking again lol.

spider, man that is freaking wicked. would make a great tail light cover with the red glow comming out the openings. oh great now you got me thinking again lol.

I would love to see that zman. DO it DO it DO it

Spider that is absolutely AWESOME! :You_Rock_Emoticon: