Jaymack

Guitar Strap Pattern

Hi,

I'm looking for a acoustic guitar strap patterns for . I'm looking to make it 2 1/2" to 3" wide so I have some room to tool a design. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Hi,

I'm looking for a acoustic guitar strap patterns for . I'm looking to make it 2 1/2" to 3" wide so I have some room to tool a design. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Here is one but you have to tape it together after printing all three pages

guidtar pattern 3.pdf

Edited by wwwrmbbladescom

Thanks for the quick response Rob. I also enjoyed going through your website. You make some great looking stuff!

I don't play guitar, and this may be a stupid question, but how do you attach the strap to the neck of the guitar? I'm assuming that the adjustable end of the strap attaches to the knob at the base of the guitar, but I'm not sure about the other end.

Thanks,

John

...how do you attach the strap to the neck of the guitar? I'm assuming that the adjustable end of the strap attaches to the knob at the base of the guitar, but I'm not sure about the other end.

If the guitar has a strap button on the body near the base of the neck, the hole you punch on the front end should fit it perfectly. If there is no button, loop a piece of latigo lace or polyester cord through the hole, and the cord is tied around the neck above the nut.

Kate

Indeed thank you! look like an excellent template to use. I have my first order for one of these in the celtic/ Green man image!

I am looking forward to this!!

If the guitar has a strap button on the body near the base of the neck, the hole you punch on the front end should fit it perfectly. If there is no button, loop a piece of latigo lace or polyester cord through the hole, and the cord is tied around the neck above the nut.

Kate

Has anyone adapted this pattern for use as a rifle sling?

Making straps and slings are pretty easy. The only difference is how you attach the strap/sling to the item. For a guitar all I do is cut a strip 3" wide, then taper the ends down to 1 1/2" and cut the ends like a belt. If you look at any strap online you can see how they attach to the item.

Edited by ReavesLeather

Here is one but you have to tape it together after printing all three pages

RMB just wanted to Thank You for the Great Pattern! Made a strap for my Granddaughter's mini guitar,( had to make it smaller).

http://lane-photography.smugmug.com/photos/i-hmsjxKR/0/L/i-hmsjxKR-L.jpg

http://lane-photography.smugmug.com/photos/i-kRm99qK/0/L/i-kRm99qK-L.jpg

Making a strap today but don't have the guitar that it's for - what size hole punch do I use for the button end attach points??? Looks like 1/4" will work?

Thanks much :)

Rob

Making a strap today but don't have the guitar that it's for - what size hole punch do I use for the button end attach points??? Looks like 1/4" will work?

Thanks much :)

Rob

Sounds about right....

RMB just wanted to Thank You for the Great Pattern! Made a strap for my Granddaughter's mini guitar,( had to make it smaller).

Just joined to find a decent guitar strap pattern, and this is it!!

Thanks RMB, your ROCK!!!!

Nice job Greybeard!

It seems you are a cool Grand-Dad, and I'm sure your Grand-daughter rocks too!

Merry Christmas, and God Bless to all!!

Just joined to find a decent guitar strap pattern, and this is it!!

Thanks RMB, your ROCK!!!!

Nice job Greybeard!

It seems you are a cool Grand-Dad, and I'm sure your Grand-daughter rocks too!

Merry Christmas, and God Bless to all!!

Thank You. She did rock for about 3 months, :party26: but now shes moved on to the barbies lol :bawling:

Thank You. She did rock for about 3 months, :party26: but now shes moved on to the barbies lol :bawling:

Aaaaah,

To be young and experiencing everything again for the first time!

NO THANKS!!!

I wish her well on her journey, hopefully she'll come back to music!

Took me about 30 years,

but I'm slow;>o

Take Care Sir!

Oh man! Greybeard that was an awesome strap you made. Most kids who play would kill for a nice strap like that.

PM me if you want to get her back into it. I have the perfect place for her to take lessons online. I can give you a code for 7 days free membership to try. It's normally $19.95 a month.

Sylvia

Was searching for something like this as well. Thanks for sharing!

thank you for sharing!

Thanks for sharing