BearMan

"Bob Beard Special"

Good morning everybody,

Most every Leather worker, that's been around for a while knows about the great mauls that Bob Beard made. I feel it's time to honor him & his maul design.

I feel that Imitation is the sincerest form of Appreciation,,, as long as that person approves. Bob told me that he would be Honored,,, so here is my version of his mauls. It carries the same major dimensions, with a couple small styling changes. The handle is Cocobolo, & of course the head material is the same type that Bob used in all of his mauls. Nothing fits or preforms the same, as this design and this head material. Those of you that have one of Bob Beards black mauls, or the newer Ed the"BearMan" brown mauls, know the benefits of this type of head material.

This "Bob Beard Special" is 18 oz, & is going into my personal collection. Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-069945900 1284554269_thumb.jpg

post-7175-013569500 1284554290_thumb.jpg

post-7175-016271100 1284554308_thumb.jpg

Edited by BearMan

The title should read "Bob Beard Special" not "bob my typings not so good sometimes,,,

Is this type maul going to be for sale, or was this a one of a kind?

Thanks ,

Terry

beautiful piece of art Ed. i'm sure bob beard is honored! great job! i'm saving for one of your basic brown mauls really nice!

Ed,

As I stated earlier, very nice looking maul.

Since this a Bob Beard Special are you going to stay with the cocobolo handle (his preference) or offer handles in other materials but the Bob Beard handle style? I didn't ask that the other evening but was wondering.

Regards,

Ben

Thanks, Terry, Sheridanman, & Ben,

Yes, I will be selling these, they will be around the same price as my "Grand" mauls. I'll be offering these in the 14oz to around 22oz range. The first 4 are already designated, 3 are going to some people that I owe some special thanks too & #1 is for my collection. I'm planning on numbering the first 25 or so. Yes, I believe I'll be set on using Cocobolo, as it is one of Bob's favorite.

Thanks,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Ed,

What's the price of a 16oz'er, I think it's about time I get a new maul. Will they all be straight heads or can I get a tapered head?

Marlon

Hi Marlon,

This head material doesn't take to that type of machining. I sent you a PM. Ed

Hi Ed,

Please make me one 16oz or so is ok. Let me know when and how to pay.

Art

Send me a PM for an 18oz please. I will need a top to have it engraved as I did with my last BM maul. Thanks.

Ed,

I also need a price for a 18 oz. Bob Beard special.

Thanks,

Terry

Ed,

As I told you privately, this is the prettiest maul yet! As a Beard maul fan I am crazy about the handle design and in cocobolo it is just beautiful! Congratulations on a pretty piece of art!

Bobby

Yes, that's a helluva nice piece of work... As evidenced by the orders already rolling in! Congrats!

Good Morning Art, King X, Terry, & Bobby,

Art, King X, & Terry, PM sent. Bobby, thank you so much! I really love the combination of the Cocobolo, brown head,,, & the smooth design. One nice thing about Cocobolo is that you never know exactly how the grain patterns & colors will look,,, it's always a surprise.

Thanks Again,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Hey Ed,

That is one good looking maul ,quit a tribute. I may have to add one to my bear maul collection I just started.

Jason

Good Morning Pepin,

Thank You sooo much!! I hope everything is good in your part of the world. Ed the"BearMan"