NoahL

Apocalyptic Glock 19 Holster

Hello everyone,

I just finished this Apocalyptic Survivor style Glock 19 holster, and it was my first thumb-break style! I have to say that getting the snap on there correctly was a PAIN!

zkmkc4.jpg

24or4u8.jpg

5w9xew.jpg

The steel thumb-break support was from JRM Clips, by the way--their e-mail form on the website doesn't seem to work, but they did get my direct e-mail and a buddy of mine had a nice long talk with them on the phone, and he and I have both ordered thumb-break supports and holster clips. I have to say that these things are the most well made ones I've seen, so if you guys are needing holster hardware you should check them out (and no, I didn't get paid to say that :P)

Hello everyone,

I just finished this Apocalyptic Survivor style Glock 19 holster, and it was my first thumb-break style! I have to say that getting the snap on there correctly was a PAIN!

zkmkc4.jpg

24or4u8.jpg

5w9xew.jpg

The steel thumb-break support was from JRM Clips, by the way--their e-mail form on the website doesn't seem to work, but they did get my direct e-mail and a buddy of mine had a nice long talk with them on the phone, and he and I have both ordered thumb-break supports and holster clips. I have to say that these things are the most well made ones I've seen, so if you guys are needing holster hardware you should check them out (and no, I didn't get paid to say that :P)

Good looking work, the only thing that I do differently when installing a thumb break is to mount the tab on the outside of the strap rather than in toward the gun. Mike

nice Noah, how much are the tabs and do they have a minumun order?

Tony

nice Noah, how much are the tabs and do they have a minumun order?

Tony

Tony,

Thanks! The tabs were $0.10 a piece and there was no minimum order, but if you order too small of an amount they have you send a self-addressed/postage-paid padded envelope.

looks awesome noah! im still trying to figure out how to get such a dramatically distressed style as you do >_< it looks great!

thanks for the info on the thumb stiffeners Noah. i called them and am going to order some, but how do you get to their paypal site to make the order?

Tony

thanks for the info on the thumb stiffeners Noah. i called them and am going to order some, but how do you get to their paypal site to make the order?

Tony

You just use the Send Money option in your PayPal account to send to their address

Yeah, this look is pretty fantastic. I bet there would be a huge market for this in the 1911 community.

Thanks! I actually already made a holster like this (without a thumb-break) for a 1911 and it was pretty well received

I gotta say I really like the look of your "Apocalyptic" holsters.A nice way to use up blemished leather, too :)

I checked out JRM Clips. Glad to see that you say they don't have a minimum order. The website says there is a 1,000 piece minimum order.

Another very nice holster NoahL. That horse is tough stuff.

Another very nice holster NoahL. That horse is tough stuff.

Thanks, and yes it is! Can I expect to see some bent horseleather from you in the near future, I take it?

Very Unique holster, mind if I ask how you distressed it to achieve that look?

Thanks! I'm afraid that the process for that isn't something I'm willing to share in detail, but I certainly won't try to stop anyone from figuring it out--I used basic concepts of tooling and distressing to get the look, you just have to be creative in how you go about applying those concepts. I actually really like to see what other people come up with in an attempt to recreate what I've done, because it will usually be an entirely different process and the effect is unique for everyone. If you decide to give it a go, definitely share because I'd love to see what you come up with :)