Sign in to follow this  
Laurie

Turks Knot Please

Ive done this knot in the dark (lol) but it has completely slipped my mind how to do even the simplest. Im sure theres tutorails here but I cant find any short of pdf files. Im not on my own pc to download alotta stuff, is there a pictorial that I can see to refresh my mind ? I hate to repeat an obvious quetion but Im not seeing a pict of the knot breakdown, probly just missing it. ? I wrap my braids in UV upholsters thread (Im from Oklahoma, its an Indian tradition to wrap) & wrap in colors according to whom Im making the particular braid(s) for. . I pull a needle thru the wrap, turn the threads & knot with drop a bit of super glue to hold the UV thread knot.Then I douch the thread wrap with a fray block for longevity of the wrap. Been doing this so long that I cannot concieve a turks knot anymore. ??

Here's a couple of links for a Turk Head. http://www.folsoms.n...s/turkshead.htm http://www.2020site....ksheadknot.html . If you search how to tie a turk head knot on goggle theirs lots of different things about it.

Edited by dirtclod

Ive done this knot in the dark (lol) but it has completely slipped my mind how to do even the simplest. Im sure theres tutorails here but I cant find any short of pdf files. Im not on my own pc to download alotta stuff, is there a pictorial that I can see to refresh my mind ? I hate to repeat an obvious quetion but Im not seeing a pict of the knot breakdown, probly just missing it. ? I wrap my braids in UV upholsters thread (Im from Oklahoma, its an Indian tradition to wrap) & wrap in colors according to whom Im making the particular braid(s) for. . I pull a needle thru the wrap, turn the threads & knot with drop a bit of super glue to hold the UV thread knot.Then I douch the thread wrap with a fray block for longevity of the wrap. Been doing this so long that I cannot concieve a turks knot anymore. ??

You'll want to visit the Braiding section of the forums here. Here's the link to it.

Briading