Sign in to follow this  
Hidemechanic

Consew Question

Does anyone know anything about the Consew 166R?

What little I can find , it appears to be a walking foot with reverse but I wonder if the needle bar woks in conjunction (Moves forward and back) with the foot feed.. I also wonder if it would only be good on light leathers if that.

Any ideas or info on this machine? I deas on value?

Thanks GH

Edited by Hidemechanic

No body knows anything about these? I don't want to drive 3-6 hours to find out they aren't what I want. I find the information the sellers give is not always reliable.

Anyone had any experience with these models? Thanks

Well, I bought it. I got to know the well enough to know that working on industrial sewing machines is his livelihood, so I felt I could take him at his word.

His description of the Consew 166RB is that it is the predecessor to the 205RB, I think I got that right. In any case he said it would do what I was wanting it for. It is in awesome condition and though it was more than I wanted to pay, it was head and shoulders above all the alternatives I was considering. It was well worth the 3hr drive.

It did make me nurvous that I couldn't find any info on the net about it other than a parts list.

Though I do sew sew other materials besides leather I did put it though it's paces with layers of 12oz. and 4oz in combinations thereof. Quite happy

GH

post-5156-069528000 1287443328_thumb.jpg

post-5156-051352100 1287443340_thumb.jpg