Let me start off by saying that I entered these pieces kicking and screaming all the way. Not because I was not proud of them but because of my style they would not even be consisered. No one likes rejection...right? So my mentor ripped them from my vice grip, strong little aussie, and went on her merry way. So the opening day of the fair, fifth largest in the USA I'm told, I get this smug,"I told you so," email from her and well both took first place in their class and the laptop case took Grand Champion! Shows you what I know. Anyway here they are and thank you for looking.

Panther

post-5615-095065800 1286920293_thumb.jpg

post-5615-030472700 1286920335_thumb.jpg

post-5615-055180500 1286920364_thumb.jpg

post-5615-001637100 1286920400_thumb.jpg

post-5615-017880600 1286920422_thumb.jpg

post-5615-045987900 1286920444_thumb.jpg

post-5615-028655500 1286920461_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your win. You have some nice work. The frogs are me favorite !!

Very nice work....hopefully...you gave the ribbons to your mentor as a peace offering.

I really like the fireworks interior.......painted or material?

Gorgeous work! Very interesting style. I like it a lot!

Thanks all for the kind replys.The laptop case was designed around the frogs really. I just thought they would look kool and kind of different on the case. The fireworks are material another fun element instead of just a dark interior. I kept the ribbons she has enough of her own :whistle:

Panther

Congratulations , you earned it . Great job.

Love the different styles you use .

A case to be proud of.

Wow very nice Panther and congrats on the win and yes small aussie females tend to be like that hee hee.

very nice I like it

I would have pinned the ribbon on it as well! Fantastic work!

Wow nice work! Congrats on the win, I bet you're glad she twisted your arm and got you to enter them.

What do you mean your style? Hell, this is top notch work. Not surprised you won. I haven`t seen good looking frog like that often. They remind me of frogs by Peter Main. And I`m not making the comparison lightly.

Does that strong little aussie happen to be Paula? Tell her Hi from Clay M.

Clay

I too like your style. The one has a Steampunk feel to it, and I really like the whimsical use of the frogs. It really breaks up the monotany of plainly carved items. Well done, and congratulations.:specool:

Does that strong little aussie happen to be Paula? Tell her Hi from Clay M.

Clay

Clay,

Why yes it is! I'm lucky to have her as a friend and mentor. I'll be sure to tell her hello from you.

Panther

Clay,

Why yes it is! I'm lucky to have her as a friend and mentor. I'll be sure to tell her hello from you.

Panther

Paula is an amazing leathersmith, her work is on the same level as any of the famous masters. I wish I could have spent more time learning from her when I lived in Seattle. Soak up as much as you can from her!

Clay

Really nice, refreshing to see your unique style.

these are absolutely beautiful!! everyone is talking about the frogs, but i like the industrial look of the gears and the art deco look it has. i've been trying to come up with an idea as to how to incorporate this type of thing in a belt. gears are a bit difficult to carve, and i can't find a gear stamp.

you do some awesome work.

i've got to ask - where did you get those conchos and what are they exactly?

Edited by ramrod

Panther,

You must consider wood carving also and you must be doing oil painting also. What a concertration on detail you have.

Joe Stewart