jv leather crafts

I Need Help With An Old Tool

Hi all!

I have a customer with an antique chair the she wants replicated. I am attaching a pic of the design that i need to replicate. I need the stamps that created the design!! Any help would be appreciated!!

post-16814-027956800 1288025286_thumb.jp

I belive your best bet is to try and find some new or used tools that are close as you can get to the orginal . Unless you want to spend the money to have tool maker make them for you. I would look at all of the web sites that sell tools and on ebay and see if you get lucky and find the right stamp or one close enough to the orginal.

Trying to find the exact designs will be like finding a needle in a haystack. There are some stamp makers on the forum that can help you out though. For this project one time project, you can have some of the less expensive laser engraved Delrin stamps made.

I belive your best bet is to try and find some new or used tools that are close as you can get to the orginal . Unless you want to spend the money to have tool maker make them for you. I would look at all of the web sites that sell tools and on ebay and see if you get lucky and find the right stamp or one close enough to the orginal.

Thanks!!!

Trying to find the exact designs will be like finding a needle in a haystack. There are some stamp makers on the forum that can help you out though. For this project one time project, you can have some of the less expensive laser engraved Delrin stamps made.

Thank you for the info! I will check into that!!

The design in the picture looks like a stamp that a silversmith might use. Take a look at "Things Western", www.thingswestern.com. Look under "Products" and then click "Silversmith Stamps".

I've purchased some silversmith stamps from Joe to use in my leather work and they work fine. You just have to be mindfull that they do cut sharply, and they are not chromed so they may rust, although mine haven't. His stamps are $7 or $8 dollars and he has 50 or 60 to choose from. Since he makes them himself you might even be able to have him make the design you're after.

Hope you find what you're looking for. - Fred