Sign in to follow this  
Peter Ellis

Font / Text Manipulation Software

I know that I read in a thread where Bob Parks was describing the way he does lettering - he pulls up a font he likes, sizes it to where he wants it, and bends it around any curves that may be needed, then prints it out and uses that as his lettering pattern.

At least, that's pretty much what I remember, and who I remember wrote it ;)

But, despite trying the search function and looking through a bunch of threads, I can't seem to find it.

And I have need of the ability to bend my lettering around a circle...

Does anyone recall the thread I'm thinking of, or can anyone recommend a good (free and easily obtained would, of course, be nice) program for doing the kind of thing I'm talking about ?

Thank you.

download paint.net and the circle text plug in. see if that will do what you're looking for.

hmm, .. I'm pretty certain I did not post this in "computer help". I was hoping that someone who remembered the old thread would be able to give me a hand with finding the information that was in it.

I really doubt they'll come across the question here.

I'm also not positive what you're looking for, but this might be it: http://leatherworker...ndpost&p=121576

post-6346-045948900 1288276224_thumb.jpg

Is this the kind of thing you're talking about? I use Photoshop, but you can download the Gimp for free and do the same thing. http://www.gimp.org/

+1 to Gimp for Free software. Next price step would be Xara (about $90), it has all the functions of Illustrator without the pricetag.

I've been using Xara for about 10 years now and still love it.