Romey

Wild Country #1 Rio Grand Bowie

(Myself,High country knives and Chuck Burrows,Wild Rose trading company collaboration)

Blade is 8inch, W1 steel with false edge on spine with Chucks hand carved file work.

The Handle is Hand carved Rawhide wrapped Elk crown and Brass bolster with a domed silver eagle coin as a end cap inset into the crown.

Wildcountry1.jpg

Wildcountry2.jpg

Sheath is rawhide over bark tan with a brain tan cuff with historically correct iron tacks. The partially beaded sheath has a heat hardened bark tan leather liner with a deer rawhide cover and braintan buckskin cuff making for a very tough sheath designed for hard use that has the flavor of the Old West. Other decoration consists of iron tacks in two sizes and a criss cross alum tawed sheepskin wrap on the cuff.

The whole package is done in a 1850`s style SW Texas frontier style.

This is a tough user piece from chopping kindling to fine delicate skinning and a very nice balance as a fighter and is available for sale now.

This is the first collaboration between Chuck and myself - with more to come.

Let us know what you think

Very sweet, I remember seeing such knives and scabbards up in Maine in the mountains on the Canadian Border where I lived. The locals had a mixed of favorite things but it seems that the traditional things were handed down over many generations. 45-90, 45-70 Winchesters, Camps, Fishing equipment and Knives., of which your's and the scabbard reflect many of the types up there.