this a saddle I finished acouple of weeks ago. A little different stamping for me.. ostrich seat

post-5135-025647200 1288584591_thumb.jpg

post-5135-087407200 1288584618_thumb.jpg

post-5135-084308600 1288584674_thumb.jpg

post-5135-065405700 1288584788_thumb.jpg

Bloody nice too mate !!! thanks for sharing

Cheers

Bevan

www.bwrwhips.com

So many pretty saddles, so little time to make em! I just like looking at all the beautiful work I see here.

Nice job!

Bob

Andy, Really beautiful saddle! ( Very cool Horn Cap )

How does Ostrich hold up over time as a inlaid seat ? I know that you have made many inlaid seats over the years, have you had to redo seats because the inlay wears faster than the skirt leather ?

Thanks Billy

Andy, Really beautiful saddle! ( Very cool Horn Cap )

How does Ostrich hold up over time as a inlaid seat ? I know that you have made many inlaid seats over the years, have you had to redo seats because the inlay wears faster than the skirt leather ?

Thanks Billy

Thank you everyone,

I havn't had to replace an inlaid seat due to wear in 20 years although I have seen a couple that could be replaced. however I am not really feeling good about the ostrich in this a saddle as it will get heavy use. Time will tell :) I told the customer if it becomes an issue we will just replace it. I would prefer a 5 oz calf.... I use cowhides predominantly also just got some more bison that is nice.

Andy, That is a great looking saddle! We don't see too many Dee Ring riggings in buckaroo style saddles. I agree on the ostrich... kind of different to work with and seems wimpy for a saddle seat, but they are tough and I have never seen one worn completely through. I don't particularly like to ride them; most people say they can't feel the quills, but I sure do!

Keith

this a saddle I finished acouple of weeks ago. A little different stamping for me.. ostrich seat

Beautiful carving and stitching. I would have to pass on the Ostrich Seat. head_hurts_kr.gif

ferg

Andy,

That is certainly a sharp saddle. Have to agree with Keith on the rigging....not many of those around. I really like the continuation of the arrowhead/floral design from the back of the seat to the horn....NICE! The rest of the floral/basketweave design flows well also. I know of one ostrich seat that a guy has used for 12-13 years and it is still hanging in there and looks fairly nice still. It was a full quilted seat versus an inlaid but it should be a decent indication of the viability of the seat. Once again I have to agree with Keith that I can feel the quills and I wouldn't like it for my own seat.

Regards,

Ben

I always hammer the quills flat before making the inlay, so you would need a pretty sensitive...to feel them:)

I always hammer the quills flat before making the inlay, so you would need a pretty sensitive...to feel them:)

I worked on a ranch in San Angelo and the only boots the owner wore were ostrich. He rode and worked in the pens just like the help. He claimed they were sa tough as any you could get. I can't say if he was right because he didn't pay enough for me find out.LOL

CW

Yeees. ...NICE SADDLE

I like this style and LOVE this tooling

I have same idea with ostrich leather because i think exotic leather looks great on the saddles

But i have leather from ostrich legs, and i want use it for inlaid seat and buckin rolls

Martin