Sign in to follow this  
skyblast

California Holster

Well the tooling is not that adavced but I'm considering selling them on my website??? California Holsters I've got them listed as coming soon. I've got about 6 more designs but I'm waiting to sell another holster to come up with the funds to buy some lamb skin to line them with.

Any suggestions? It's my first attempt. The gun is a reproduction. Is there any market for these kinds of holsters?

post-11669-085472400 1288657975_thumb.jp

post-11669-092247800 1288660311_thumb.jp

Edited by skyblast

I think they look great. I don't think it's necessarily about how "advanced" tooling is, I think it has more to do with the quality of the work. I really like these and you should be proud of them.

Chris

I think they look great. I don't think it's necessarily about how "advanced" tooling is, I think it has more to do with the quality of the work. I really like these and you should be proud of them.

Chris

Thanks! This type of holster is so fun to hold in your hands....taking the pistol in and out. I got a lot of my ideas from the holster book, Packing Iron. I am so greatful to have found it.

very nice :-D

Great holsters, sometimes I worry about what tooling I should or shoundn't do and, i always think I should do...more. but I've learned less is more. Sometimes, definatly not all the time, less tooling will appeal to a greater number of potential buyers. Save the advanced tooling for those that have specific requests and pay up front.

just looking at them makes me want to buy a pair of black powder smokers,,would certainly be inerested in buying one if i didn't try to torture leather my self!!

Great holsters, sometimes I worry about what tooling I should or shoundn't do and, i always think I should do...more. but I've learned less is more. Sometimes, definatly not all the time, less tooling will appeal to a greater number of potential buyers. Save the advanced tooling for those that have specific requests and pay up front.

1911 Operator, you might try to grab a copy of Packing Iron by Richard C. Rattenbury. It will give you a chance to look a real period tooling.

Dave Theobald

1911 Operator, you might try to grab a copy of Packing Iron by Richard C. Rattenbury. It will give you a chance to look a real period tooling.

Dave Theobald

Thank you, I'm going to do that.