Sign in to follow this  
barkhouse1

Pouch Twisted

This pouch i made is warped. The leather sides are the same size. I can't figure out why its doing this.

The flap,back and front are one pice of 8/9oz. Then 2 sides 5/6 oz. Vingergooned and oiled. Its a pouch on my work bag. I tryed wetting it and tsisting it back but it did not work.

Its hand stiched. When i start to stich i begin on the front the side with the snap installed and work my way around to the back. Then the other side. Its only when i start the second side near the bottom of of the pouch does it start to twist.

post-16351-099922600 1291239215_thumb.jp

post-16351-065824600 1291239224_thumb.jp

post-16351-094415300 1291239232_thumb.jp

post-16351-016473600 1291239241_thumb.jp

You might try cutting wood piece that will fit inside or glue up some pieces that will fit and then sew it with block inside. make sure you rub the block parafen or a candle and put a eye screw in the end so you can get it back out if it's a tight fit.

Barkhouse

I agree with dirtclod. I use a block of wood to keep the form intact and keep the wood block inside the piece until after I finish my sewing. Just make sure you work the wood form in and out so you won't get it too tight so you can remove the wood form.

Happy tooling

Tim