Sign in to follow this  
bkingery

Just Wondering?

Hey all, I have been on this site for a while now and the stuff I see and read are just amazing and I know that every one that is a member on here feels the same way, But it is discouraging to me that there are so few of us that have actually contributed to the cost and upkeep of it. If it were not for the few there could not be the many. To me this site is priceless in the amount of knowledge that I have aquired (someday when I'm not a chicken maybe I'll actually get to use it all). Some day maybe I'LL be good enough to be an Ambassador :evillaugh: . Anyway just my two cents worth but I felt I just had to say something.

B, being an ambassador has nothing to do with the quality of the leather work. Those of us who are ambassadors were asked to take the position to because we're all over the board, at all hours of the day, and make the efforts to greet each new member we can and help them learn to utilize this site. We, as a group, are the 'extra eyes' for the moderators because we spend so much time here. For me, I'm not an ambassador because I've learned a lot about leather, rather, I've learned so much because I'm an ambassador. Do I spend x amount of hours per day? No. I might not be on for several days at a time, or even as long as month. We all have lives in TRW, and it's understood that life comes first. When we do spend a lot of time here, we help out with 'the little things' around the site, and I must say, periods of severe insomnia come in handy.

In regards to contributing to the site....I agree. We all love this site and from time to time there are donation requests when needed. The upkeep of the website, especially as it's grown (you should've seen it 3 years ago), does require money and was one of the deciding factors to having the ad banners at the top of the page. Contributions are still needed, and the staff appreciates all those who do so.

If anyone is interested in making a contribution to the site, you can click on the little down arrow by your name (top right corner on the forum home page) for the pull down menu, then click on 'paid subscriptions', or go to your profile and look for the same There's also a "Donate" box just under the 'recent status updates' box on the right side of the screen.

Thanks for bringing up the little reminder about what keeps this site online,

M

I would certainly like to make a donation but unfortunately it is impossible due to the economic situation at my end right now. I am sure others may be in the same situation. I appreciate this site and use it often. When times get better there will be a donation from me. Frank