leatheroo

Leather Covered Headlight

Well, i finally finished the headlight....very tricky project! Not my best carving effort. I couldnt decide if i should carve then mold or mold then carve. I thought if i carve then mold i would lose all the tooling in the molding process. So i decided to mold then carve! I did the carving using one of those shoe makers thingies..it has three metal feet at right angles to each other, but the foot bit is curved so i used that. I think if i had to make another i would say no to any carving.

light-side.jpg

You did a nice job on it i think. Do have a picture of the thingy you used to carve with ? I can't get a picture of how it looks it in my mind.

I used this instead of carving on a piece of marble...i dont recommend it!!!

post-4514-090932600 1292047786_thumb.jpg

Well, i finally finished the headlight....very tricky project! Not my best carving effort. I couldnt decide if i should carve then mold or mold then carve. I thought if i carve then mold i would lose all the tooling in the molding process. So i decided to mold then carve! I did the carving using one of those shoe makers thingies..it has three metal feet at right angles to each other, but the foot bit is curved so i used that. I think if i had to make another i would say no to any carving.

light-side.jpg

ohhhhhhhhh, mighty fine work here....love the idea, the craftmanship and the carving came out just fine....pull my hat!@@@

The leather thingy is s shoe sole anvil or metal last....

greetings

James

Wonderful job and very slick looking.

Dave

Very very cool! Great job!

-Bryan

Wow. This looks awesome, and between the seat and grips, it will be a great looking bike.

Very cool,I really like the way you laced it.more pics please.

thanks for the lovely comments...the whole thing is glued, the 4 string braids cover the joins....3mm lacing use for the smaller ones and 4.5 for the larger front one.

cheers