Fredo

Question About 1911 Holsters.

I want to make a holster for a firend as a suprise. Unfortunately I do not own a Kimber Ultra Carry II (yet).

I'm wondering if I can use any high end compact 1911 .45 cal for the patern? That way I can make the holster, send it to him and suprise the heck out of a heck of a nice guy. I already got his wife to secretly mesure his belt for me.

My Idea is to copy the rig that Nick Nolty wore in "Extrem Prejeduce"

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, Yes you can use any compact 1911 for a pattern.

Edited by Lucas

You can use a low end 1911 compact.

Thanks Guys, I was secretly hoping someone would say "Sorry, you'll have to buy a kimber ultra carry II"

Oh well I guess I'll have to make due. I'm going to order a rings blue gun in 1911.

Thank you gents!!!!

...I was secretly hoping someone would say "Sorry, you'll have to buy a kimber ultra carry II"...

Nice try! rolleyes2.gif

I've been able to justify to my wife the purchase of several handguns in the name of using them for holster molds. She doesn't know about blue guns. I hope she doesn't find out.

Thanks Guys, I was secretly hoping someone would say "Sorry, you'll have to buy a kimber ultra carry II"

Oh well I guess I'll have to make due. I'm going to order a rings blue gun in 1911.

Thank you gents!!!!

I used a blue gun to make a holster for that same Kimber, I just shortened the pouch to fit.

A word of caution, don't make the fit so close.....the front sight on the Kimber is larger than the one on my 1911 blue gun and won't go in if you try making it very tight....ask me how I know.

Edited by Rayban

Rayban, I'm guessing that you know because you learned the same way most of us learn anything! I feel your pain.

Mike

Rayban, I'm guessing that you know because you learned the same way most of us learn anything! I feel your pain.

Mike

Bingo!!