UKRay

Maker stamp

I'm looking for a custom made 'maker' stamp to emboss onto my work. I can't find anywhere to get one in the UK - has anyone got any ideas - and how much would I have to pay to get something made?

I would also be very interested to see examples of other people's maker stamps and, hopefully, look forward to recognising a few!

hey ray, one of our members makes great makers stamps. Dbarleather made my stamp for me. I live in australia and it was far cheaper for him to make it and send it to me than to get one made in australia. You can send him your artwork or discuss with him what you need.

Dbarleather made mine, too, and shipped it the same day as I put in my order! I had it 2 days after that. Very fast, and the stamp is excellent.

Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics can make you a stamp with your design on it. Click here for his brochure.

th_my_logo.jpg

Jeff Mosby made mine too

post-55-1210084706_thumb.jpg

Jeff made mine, too, and I highly recommend him. I think he could make anything you want. He does excellent work, and he's quick.

Kathy

Do what I did... Go to a local tool and die technical school and have them make one for you.

Mine turned out great and I helped a student learn how to do the work. Win-Win for everyone. Took about 6 weeks from start to end and was priced right.

Thanks for all your help people. I have contacted the good folk you suggested and hope to have my new stamp very soon.

Ray

makers_stamp.jpgHello Ray, i beleive you will be satisfied with Gray Ghosts work.

you did say that you saw my stamp on a Guitar Strap. here is a close up of it.

post-1906-1210280193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Hatley

I just got my new makers stamp from Jeff Mosby. He did a great job and is great to deal with.

ArtS

I just got my new makers stamp from Jeff Mosby. He did a great job and is great to deal with.

ArtS

I got my maker stamp from Dbar Leather. I'm really happy wth it, Daryl did a nice job. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a stamp.

Daryl, I attached a pic of your proof. So far, my practice swings haven't been enough to equal a nice even mark yet :blush: ...and boy do I have practice swatches all over the place :lol:

Edited by Shorts

I got my stamp from Indypbear at this forum. Made of the really hard plastic material Delrin and works really well.

Tom

IMG_6572_01.jpg

post-5146-1213623386_thumb.jpg

ArtS, that is a really nice stamp. Very creative.

This stamp was made about 15 years ago. It was quite an ordeal to get it. Some people, you can NEVER prepay for the work. Enough said.... It toke many years, but I did finially get three sizes in all. This one is the largest for saddle work.

S8001132.JPG

post-5571-1214779322_thumb.jpg

Wow, some very nice and unique makers stamps shown here.

Mine are made by Jeff at Grey Ghost and pretty simple in design.

maker_sm.jpg

post-1202-1214921045_thumb.jpg

I saw this place on ebay but not sure how good they are. I was going to come here and ask. Anyone know if this is a half way good stamp. He has a couple of auctions {buy it now} for different ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Personalized-leather-m...1QQcmdZViewItem

Grey Ghost made mine and he was great to work with and did a great job.

ArtS

Art that stamp is extremely nice. Does this person have a website?

Thankyou art. I'll have a look.