KnotHead

Braiding From Spain...

I thought you all would appreciate a few photos of this guys work. I found him through another colleague on FB. His name is Miguel and he's been braiding for 13 years.

Gaucho Braid without a core.

IMG_8123.jpg

Another Gaucho Braid.

154870_119621091437088_100001675926113_133444_2734864_n.jpg

Pineapple Key Fob.

76305_115542991844898_100001675926113_100620_296648_n.jpg

Some more Key Fobs.

149514_111477968918067_100001675926113_80845_3234052_n.jpg

Brian...

some nice work, i like the interweaves on some of those knots. the first two braids dont look like a gaucho pattern , looks like a herringbone pattern to me.

Hi , can you give me a contact adress of this man. Thanks for sharing

Facebook is the only place I know of to get in touch with him.

some nice work, i like the interweaves on some of those knots. the first two braids dont look like a gaucho pattern , looks like a herringbone pattern to me.

You know you're right. Sorry folks. My bad. I had my head on a knot when posting this.

Brian...

I thought you all would appreciate a few photos of this guys work. I found him through another colleague on FB. His name is Miguel and he's been braiding for 13 years.

Gaucho Braid without a core.

Another Gaucho Braid.

154870_119621091437088_100001675926113_133444_2734864_n.jpg

Brian...

Hello.

Еxcellent things you have shown.

Where can I find tutorial for this method of

Hola Miguel.

You are welcome. I simply love your braiding and it is worth showing as much as possible. Not only here on leatherworker.net but also on my own site I have been showing your work.

I would love to have instructions in that method myself. Miguel please get in touch with me on making instructions for this method used,

Usted es bienvenido. Simplemente me encanta su trenzado y vale la pena mostrar lo más posible. No sólo aquí en leatherworker.net sino también en mi propio sitio he estado mostrando su trabajo.

Me encantaría tener instrucciones en ese mismo método. Miguel por favor póngase en contacto conmigo en la fabricación de instrucciones para este método,

IMG_8123.jpg

I would love to make a few bracelets for some friends of mine. This way is so much better than the round braiding. I have searched my Argentine books high and low to find that braiding method.

Me encantaría hacer varias pulseras de algunos amigos míos. De esta manera es mucho mejor que el trenzado redondo. He buscado en mis libros argentinos de alta y baja para encontrar que el método de trenzado.

Contact me at bkidd@khww.net

Brian...

Thanks

Edited by ifoo

Hello.

Еxcellent things you have shown.

Where can I find tutorial for this method of

Same here.

The braid looks awesome.

Can somebody explain how it is made?

Thanks.

Erik

Muchas gracias Miguel. Esto es muy apreciado por mí.

are only 10-round braid and 16-round braid without core, nothing more. :)

greetings

Miguel.

http://www.secretosd...ro.blogspot.com

Hallo Miguel,

you make a great Jop

.. very clean and nice Braiding

from Germany

Arno

www.arnobuck.de

Miguel--on your blog, you show pictures of your work. One of the last pictures shows a tool with a wooden handle--what is it? Charlie

This is not bad for my first attempt at Miguel's technique. Well at least I think so anyway.

100_1095-Resized-12strandHerringboneblockbraid.JPG

12 Strand Herringbone Coded Round braid without core. The technique involves adjusting your traditional way of braiding with a core to without a core. Instead of braiding so tight you would braid looser than you would as if you were braiding around a core. I hope to have this technique mastered soon. I hope that is...

Brian...

Looks great! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks bergjes.

B...

Okay so share your technique instead of sitting behind a closed door. If the technique you say is just a simple round braid flattened out, then maybe you should share how you are achieving the block in the braid. You say you are not using a core to make this braid as square looking as it is in your photos. But when I do this braid, the braid wants to take on the natural form in which it is intended, (ROUND).

Yes I know that the braid in my photo is not perfect. But it is also the first time I have attempted your type of technique. I'd say that I'm getting pretty damn close. But as with any other braid, it will require some more time and practice to achieve the proper tension for this technique.

B...

Hi Miguel,

I have to agree with Brian here.

Please share your technique how your braids are made.

I'm not a really experienced braider, but a round braid without a core I can manage.

But the result is the same as Brian.

How do you get that really square result on the edges?

Hope you can help us with a little help, perhaps a tutorial?

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by bergjes

I'm gettin closer now.

100_1131-Cropped-HerringboneCoded.JPG

Over 2, Under 2, Over 2, 12 strand Herringbone coded braid. More practice, practice and even more practice. I can't stop myself. LOL...

Brian...

its looking good!

just from looking at that type of braid i would say the key is keeping your braid absolutely straight so that it flattens correctly.

There are a couple of key things to concentrate on with this technique. The tightness of the braid and as you say keeping the braid straight. So far I have only been using my fingers to keep it flat like you see in the photo. I think it works really well.

Brian...