freedom454

How To Slick The Back Of A Strap/belt

Hello,

I would like to know what would be the best method to slick the back of a belt so that it will have a professional look and will not bleed off onto the clothing..

What finishes to use and the best method to apply them ?? At this time i am not able to line the back so i would like to slick it but the only info i have been able to find is on slicking the edges..

Thanks in Advance

Bill

Bill,

There are a couple different methods I use if I'm not lining the belt. I use either a couple coats of leather balm with atom wax applied directly with a foam brush and buffed out after each coat dries or a couple coats of Gum Tranc. applied with a small cloth and rubbed briskly into the flesh until a nice smooth finish is achieved.

Frank

Thank you! Frank for your quick reply to my question..

Will either of these stick to clothing in hot weather??

Thanks Again

Bill

Definitely not a problem Bill.

I've never had any of these methods cause any problems in the heat and it gets terribly humid here in the Summer months. The only fallback to the leather balm is eventually with stress it tends to crack but it is very easy to apply another coat and cover up any of the stress marks.

Frank