Got a Springfield Armory XD 40 this morning for Christmas. (I love my wife!!!!!) Can anyone tell me where I can get a pattern for the holster for this gun.

Thanks

Springfield Leather has a pattern pack that includes holsters for the XD: http://springfieldleather.com/store/product/23132/Pattern-Pack%2CHolster%2C5styles/. However, the last time I looked at that pattern pack, the sizing of the holster pattern(s) were too small for almost every gun advertised. So you'd have to adjust accordingly. It would at least give you a starting point.

Got a Springfield Armory XD 40 this morning for Christmas. (I love my wife!!!!!) Can anyone tell me where I can get a pattern for the holster for this gun.

Thanks

What kind of holster do you want to make for it?

May God bless,

Dwight

What kind of holster do you want to make for it?

May God bless,

Dwight

+1 on what Dwight asked. That info makes a big difference.

Sorry,

Would like to make a pancake...

Spurs, . . . enclosed is the notes I give out/use for a class I teach on making a pancake.

Take your time, . . . visualize each step, . . . PM me if you have any questions.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-053231100 1293425296_thumb.jpg

post-6728-054079900 1293425317_thumb.jpg

post-6728-082715800 1293425345_thumb.jpg

post-6728-043636900 1293425365_thumb.jpg

post-6728-027069900 1293425378_thumb.jpg

Pancakes are pretty easy. I use a straight edge ruler and a protractor, but you really dont even need the protractor. Draw a vertical line in the center of your paper, and also a horizontal line in the center. If you want a 15 degree cant, measure out 5 inches front and back of your center line, then do perpendicular to that like 1-5/16 of an inch. Go up in front of the gun, and down behind. Strike a line between your marks, that will give you your 15 degree angle. Draw another line 1.5 inches down from that line and use that as your "belt line" ( adjust width for whatever belt youre using.)

Then place the gun with the top edge along your vertical center line, and slide it up and down until you get the position you desire relative to the "belt line". Trace the gun onto the paper. Then space out from your traced gun 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch (depend on gun thickness) and draw another line. That would be your stitch line. It should look like the gun, only bigger. After that, start drawing the shape you want for the holster. Get creative and find something you like. Make sure to leave room for, and around, your belt slots.

Then start cutting and stitching the leather. Form, dye, and finish as you please.

Heres an example. This is actually for the holster thats currently set as my avatar. The pencil lines are really light, and to add to the confusion, I moved my "belt line" down from my original location. There are 2 stitch lines along the length of the gun because I did 2 lines of stitching for that one.

IMG_1531Medium.jpg

Hope this helps some. Its late and I have a feeling this wont make much sense to anyone but me.

Thanks to all for the advise...