Having a hard time finding any time to do anything but work. Or so it feels these days.

I ran about 18 inches short on black lace and i've been trying to find the time the last two weeks to get by TLF and get more. I've now decided to try something i've been thinking of for sometime now. Just haven't had the guts or time i guess to try it. But,,,, i found both of those today. Most people probably would not even notice but i think i'll move on and make more and relace it this way.

lace02.jpg

It's fitting for the biomech theme.

whaboom13.jpg

whaboom.jpg

post-158-1212457481_thumb.jpg

post-158-1212457662_thumb.jpg

post-158-1212457844_thumb.jpg

Awesome work freak, when I first took up leatherwork it was pieces like this I was one day hoping to be able to turn out, I love the way the skull contrasts against the red.

Newb question, how did you get the raw fleshy texture on the background?

also, did you do the red with spirit dye or with acrylic?

Edited by Trauma

the design, the work, the use of color. Man I dont know where to start. I love it.

Tom

Newb question, how did you get the raw fleshy texture on the background?

also, did you do the red with spirit dye or with acrylic?

The background is what most call a pebble or pebbler . I use the ones HideCrafter sell. I think it's part of their "pro series" tool. If i remember rite they where around $15 each. Some times you can catch them on sell for $10 or so.

All the dye on this notebook are part of Tandy Leather Factory's "eco-flo" line. The red is "Scarlet" , which a nice bright red. Then i used the "tan" eco flo antique gel over everthing. Seal the lighter parts first, like the skull and barbwire.

the design, the work, the use of color. Man I dont know where to start. I love it.

Tom

Thanks Tom.

love this piece. the design is sooooooo cool.

this is my favorite piece of work at the moment :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Some of ya may recall the biomech notebook i did for a friend. I've been wanting to do one again every since. The past month we have been working together and i've been looking at the notebook the whole time. Fuel on the fire if you will.

His notebook, done after his tattoo

lhwithtat01.jpg

I don't have a tattoo but, this has been in my head since i've done his. I did all the drawing and redrawing yesterday and i've been tooling all day today.

biosktool01sm.jpg

biosktool02dm.jpg

I had a reality check on this one. I didn't glue it down or use any type of backing. Just as i was finishing the back piece. I noticed the leather was starting to bow up on me. I thought for sure it was stretching . I wet it a little again then stuck it under one of my slabs to dry. It was curling up bad and i got lucky cause it was just curling as it was drying. After drying under the stone it's fine. Whew that was a close one. I'll be using something from now on !

Grafics are killer. Your tooling looks 100 times better that the actual tattoo :)

Freak,

Now I know why you have a fan club. This design is wicked-cool-awesome-rawks-spiffy-neato-boss-radical-turbo-tubular. Dyed it's even better!

Brent