Sign in to follow this  
pat h

Templates

I just thought i would show off a few templates i made out of some plexiglass i had here today. One set is for a card holder the other is for a credit card holder money clip.

post-13578-083897900 1294711091_thumb.jp

post-13578-044419700 1294711122_thumb.jp

O M G......why did i not think of that...oh i know. what did you cut the

plexglass with? :dunno: . that was the problem i had :crazy:

I had Ms. Brenda at www.LaserGiftCreations.com (who made my maker stamps) cut out my templates for a bifold and roper wallet. it works like a charm!

Good job.....you will enjoy it.

O M G......why did i not think of that...oh i know. what did you cut the

plexglass with? :dunno: . that was the problem i had :crazy:

i cut it out with a band saw then hit it with a belt sander. then finished them off with a little hand sanding they work out pretty good

If you have a table saw, radial arm saw, or miter saw, you can get a triple-chip blade for it.

The triple chip makes nice smooth cuts in plexiglass as long as it is sharp and you run it slowly through the blade.

regular table saw blades will tear out the bottom of the edge and make it pretty ugly.

Another neat trick with clear plexi is that you can run a propane torch lightly on the cut edge to turn it from milky white to clear.

It also evens out some of the machining marks from the saw.

I just thought i would show off a few templates i made out of some plexiglass i had here today. One set is for a card holder the other is for a credit card holder money clip.

Hi my name is wendy, and I'm new to all this, and I was just going threw an looking threw all the cool stuff you offer, an on behalf of all the newbies that have every started out in leather, THANK YOU!!! for this freaking, rocking site! lol Ok what was I saying? oh yeah lolpost-20293-058601600 1302226243_thumb.jp

I'm very new, but having a blast, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on this one, I actually made some coin purse patterns out of sheet metal, had some left after some duct work was done, have about 3 sheets, and I really didnt have a good leather cutting knife, just an exacto set lol I was looking at the sheet metal thinking, that would make a great straight edge to cut against! So I have been taking my paper patterns, laying them out on the metal an going around them with a sharpie, an then cutting them out! They make life a lot easier, when cutting patterns, I didn't think of the plexi glass though, thats a great idea! Here's a pic, I had also made me a leather workers tool box lol I hate having all my stuff every where, they are laying in the recessed portion of the toolbox, my tool cadys sit on top of them, an they are nice an out of the way!

keep it up i like the plexiglass becaise it doesnt work over my round knife blade like metal does

Hi my name is wendy, and I'm new to all this, and I was just going threw an looking threw all the cool stuff you offer, an on behalf of all the newbies that have every started out in leather, THANK YOU!!! for this freaking, rocking site! lol Ok what was I saying? oh yeah lolpost-20293-058601600 1302226243_thumb.jp

I'm very new, but having a blast, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on this one, I actually made some coin purse patterns out of sheet metal, had some left after some duct work was done, have about 3 sheets, and I really didnt have a good leather cutting knife, just an exacto set lol I was looking at the sheet metal thinking, that would make a great straight edge to cut against! So I have been taking my paper patterns, laying them out on the metal an going around them with a sharpie, an then cutting them out! They make life a lot easier, when cutting patterns, I didn't think of the plexi glass though, thats a great idea! Here's a pic, I had also made me a leather workers tool box lol I hate having all my stuff every where, they are laying in the recessed portion of the toolbox, my tool cadys sit on top of them, an they are nice an out of the way!