David Genadek

Bear Paw stamp

Does anyone know if there is bear paw stamp available?

David Genadek

David,

You had me looking all over the internet for this for the past hour...no luck!

I did see a Craftool 3D of the wolf Paw print at Zack's and others, but that's it. Strange there isn't a series of different animal prints....

Good luck, but you may be forced to have one made. Or if it's for a one time project, maybe carve it into leather once, and then take some liquid steel (in a tube) to make a stamp that won't last long, but just might work.

David,

You had me looking all over the internet for this for the past hour...no luck!

I did see a Craftool 3D of the wolf Paw print at Zack's and others, but that's it. Strange there isn't a series of different animal prints....

Good luck, but you may be forced to have one made. Or if it's for a one time project, maybe carve it into leather once, and then take some liquid steel (in a tube) to make a stamp that won't last long, but just might work.

Thank you for your time I had done the same thing. The deal is this I have a friend that helped me do some electrical around here,30,000 feet of wire worth. In exchange she wanted to do her own saddle. Last night she told me she wanted to put bear paw on it so I thought surely they would have a bear paw stamp, it would make a neat border.

Oh well I have done stamps before here are two examples.

But but how can their not be a Bear Paw stamp surely for the Scouting market. Sigh

David Genadek

guestbook.jpg

squashblossom.jpg

post-999-1210372427_thumb.jpg

post-999-1210372476_thumb.jpg

Try Oswosso - they make embossing dies from your design. They just don't put the handle on it. I suspect you could find someone easily enough that could do that for you.

Try Oswosso - they make embossing dies from your design. They just don't put the handle on it. I suspect you could find someone easily enough that could do that for you.

Thanks I have several sources for that I just thought for sure some one would have a bear paw pre made. Whats wrong with them, they don't have exactly what I want?

David Genadek

Thanks I have several sources for that I just thought for sure some one would have a bear paw pre made. Whats wrong with them, they don't have exactly what I want?

David Genadek

David,

We'll make one for you in Delrin™ or Magnesium. Just send me the design and size of image. The Delrin™ will be a 5 1/2" shaft and the Mag. can have a center or hefty shaft or you can buy one from TLF. Let me know how we can help you with this.

John aka Indy

Does anyone know if there is bear paw stamp available?

David Genadek

David:

The back cover of Al Stohlman's Figure Carving Finesse has Bear and other animal Paw prints on it. I have used these to put animal tracks on projects in the past.

Edited by Cecil

david i just sold one on ebay yesterday. it's a basic #16 and i have no idea if they still make them. if you'd like maybe the guy who bought the lot would bewilling to sell you that one.

David,

Check in the current TLF catalog on page 39. There is a small bear paw stamp in the Native American Symbol Stamp set. The whole set is only $21.00 if you are on business pricing with them. The other resource is Silver Creek Leather Co. in New Albany, IN. Hope this helps!

John aka Indy

Edited by indypbear

Old thread but I am also interested in a good bear paw print. I don't think I will be able to find one but this feller in Prague seems to have a cast and solder technique down. i don't like the proportion of his bear stamp so I want to try and make a (fore and back foot) track Blackbear stamp.

His latest sold item is here:

Ended ebay auction

Any tips on how to make my own?

thanks-

Dean

Hi Everybody,

Here's a Bear Paw stamp I got a while back. I think it was from the Guy in the Chek (sp) Republic. It seems to be pretty well made. Look at the right edge. Ed

post-7175-098767800 1341546170_thumb.jpg

Hi Everybody,

Here's a Bear Paw stamp I got a while back. I think it was from the Guy in the Chek (sp) Republic. It seems to be pretty well made. Look at the right edge. Ed

That's his work on e-bay. He does a good job with his process but this particular bear print is all out of proportion. I'd like to make or buy one that is more realistic in appearance.

I see bear paw and all sorts of animal track stamps on Ebay. search "leather tools"

I just repeated the search now- There is the badly proportioned Grizzly track I mentioned previously and a "Teddy bear" track. Nothing close to realistic.

I just repeated the search now- There is the badly proportioned Grizzly track I mentioned previously and a "Teddy bear" track. Nothing close to realistic.

Try contacting Robert Beard at Pro Tools. He just made a pretty realistic set for me. I'd post a picture but don't have one available at the moment.

Bob

I bought some from the guy off eBay and they work very nicely :

>>> Grizzly Stamp <<<

This looks nice but many people in Idaho know what a bear track looks like and this is too far from reality.