Dagr

What other hobbies do you have?

What a great subject! It's fun seeing what everyone likes to do, except for freak flinging . . . well, you know. Besides my yaks, I like having pigs and horses and chickens around. I'm also a collector of sorts. There are a million little piggy things in and around my house. I also like to collect skulls. I have big skulls, little skulls, nice skulls, rotten skulls. I even have a yak skull!

skull9.jpg

skull10.jpg

This is a bull elk I found in the forest behind our house. Spoils from a hunt, I assume. The antlers were sawed off. Bull elk have thick skulls like some men I know.

skull8.jpg

Catfish, cat and squirrel

skull7.jpg

Antelope and deer

skull6.jpg

Coyote

skull5.jpg

Silver fox

skull4.jpg

Pig. Someone cooked him. No, it wasn't me!

skull2.jpg

Racoons

skull3.jpg

Beaver

skull1.jpg

Cow. I have 3 of these.

I had a horse skull once, too. I found it 2 or 3 miles from home while out riding my horse as a teenager (last year, I think). It wasn't easy lugging that big thing back on top of my horse, and the horse seemed concerned. Then my father took it to the dump! All that work for nothing!

Cool skulls

Liz had skull of one of her goats. so she dressed it up a bit and stuck it in her tack room. They are getting big bucks for these in art Galleries.

David Genadek

skull.jpg

tackroom.jpg

post-999-1210455247_thumb.jpg

post-999-1210455258_thumb.jpg

Well I myself have been doing pencil sketches of animals for quite a few years, I do them in what's called "pointalism" takes a long time, once had some in a gallery here in Calgary and sold 2 to the owners of Molson Breweries. Don't do much anymore as the eyes are getting old.

Here's one I've been working on for a while now.

eagle.bmp

YakLady....Did you murder the Beaver?

Ken

eagle.bmp

Edited by Beaverslayer

Cool skulls

Liz had skull of one of her goats. so she dressed it up a bit and stuck it in her tack room. They are getting big bucks for these in art Galleries.

David Genadek

Cool! I could get rich if I decorated all of my skulls!

Ken, I did not slay the beaver, that's your job!

Don't tell my brother, but I think the cat is/was his. It had traces of black hair on it, his missing cat was black. The COD is obvious: a bite to the head!

Kathy

When I have time left over from beating dead cows I like to paint.

I paint in oil, acrylic or aquarelle. When I lived in Sweden I had a couple of shows per year in and around Stockholm area. Most of the photos below are unfortunable in a bad quallity, I had my share of computer crashes and all of the original is gone:-(

This is just a small selection, many of them belongs in a series of paintings.

I also love my sewing machine, I've made corsets for year even if I have put that to rest for the time being. The same with these photos, some original photos is missing in those (..........) crashes.

well i'd have to say for hobbies it would be smoking and grilling...

DSC01958.JPG

DSC01959.JPG

post-4221-1210523142_thumb.jpg

post-4221-1210523160_thumb.jpg

well i'd have to say for hobbies it would be smoking and grilling...

Party at Hilo's!!!!

Besides saddle and tack making, I also build fly-fishing rods and tie flies and much to my wifes pleasure I love to cook.

My hobbies are trail riding, Dutch oven cooking & camping with the horses. I also quilt, knit, crochet and enjoy working on geneology.

Edited by Kani

I've had a few friends ask me about making them corsets. Now I know who to come to for advice and patterns!

ArtS

I also love my sewing machine, I've made corsets for year even if I have put that to rest for the time being. The same with these photos, some original photos is missing in those (..........) crashes.

I'm also a knifemaker.Have a forge and an airhammer.Love to hunt and trap with my two boys.The wife and I like to ride our bike,1988 Harley dresser.Moon

I've had a few friends ask me about making them corsets. Now I know who to come to for advice and patterns!

ArtS

Ask anytime:-)

Lets see, right now I do rapier in the round with dagger, cane, cape, etc. Armored combat. SCA activities, longbow archery to include fletching and bowyer, traditional bowhunting and motorcycling.

Well, here is my current list:

Fishing

Hunting

Archery

Black Powder Shooting

Restoring vintage motorcycles

Airbrushing motorcycle tanks

Amateur Radio Operator (General Class)

Cooking

Bird Watching

Knife making

My children

Monthly inspections of Emergency rooms as a patient. ;)

I play the following musical instruments:

Percussion

Flute

Clarinet

Trumpet

Oboe

Tuba

Baritone

piano

Acoustic guitar (6 and 12 string)

Things I have done in the past:

Barrel racing

Rescue Diver then became a dive master

Skiiing (both water and snow)

Dirt Bike Riding

Rock Collecting

Semi-professional bike racer (Susuki Katana 1100 in European circuit)

Hiking

Astronomy

Gunsmithing

First degree Black Belt in Kung Fu

Hey what can I say, there are advantages (and disadvantages) to being A.D.D. !

I learned to do cross-stitch, plastic canvas and floral arrangements because my mom would sit me down and make me do them. She said it was good to be well rounded. Though I don't do any of the cross stitch or floral arrangements now that I am older, I do sit down with the wife and do some plastic canvas with her. I even occasionally look over her cross stitch when she has a problem that she can't figure out.

Well, here is my current list:

Fishing

Hunting

Archery

Black Powder Shooting

Restoring vintage motorcycles

Airbrushing motorcycle tanks

Amateur Radio Operator (General Class)

Cooking

Bird Watching

Knife making

My children

Monthly inspections of Emergency rooms as a patient. ;)

I play the following musical instruments:

Percussion

Flute

Clarinet

Trumpet

Oboe

Tuba

Baritone

piano

Acoustic guitar (6 and 12 string)

Things I have done in the past:

Barrel racing

Rescue Diver then became a dive master

Skiiing (both water and snow)

Dirt Bike Riding

Rock Collecting

Semi-professional bike racer (Susuki Katana 1100 in European circuit)

Hiking

Astronomy

Gunsmithing

First degree Black Belt in Kung Fu

Hey what can I say, there are advantages (and disadvantages) to being A.D.D. !

I learned to do cross-stitch, plastic canvas and floral arrangements because my mom would sit me down and make me do them. She said it was good to be well rounded. Though I don't do any of the cross stitch or floral arrangements now that I am older, I do sit down with the wife and do some plastic canvas with her. I even occasionally look over her cross stitch when she has a problem that she can't figure out.

Well, if I ever manage to get to Frasier river for my dreamfish Sturgeon I might pop in to hear you play the oboe. I'll bring a couple of beers too! :cheers:

Impressive list!

Tom

I love to fish, for bream and largemouth bass. I used to fish alot of bass tournements was actually pretty good at it. The last tourny, I fished I won over $400, our Bass Club at work. Some of those guys were fishng Fishers of Men tour, some the Redman Trail, so I felt i did pretty good, usually consistant in the money. Ialso like to grow Tomatoes and hot Pepper. I don't eat very much hot stuff, but like to grow it to give to people around here who do like it. The last couple of years due to health issues I haven't been able to fish as much or work the land in my garden spot like it needs. Diabetes, 2 Heart attacks, nerve damage from the diabetes, and Pulmonary Fibrosis (COPD), on Oxygen, LOL, it's hard to run a tiller while dragging a oxygen tank. It makes me get the rows crooked. I still go fishing with one of my friends sometimes, but he works and my wife won't let me go bye myself anymore. Billy Perdue

Ask anytime:-)

Tina, where do you get your patterns for these?

Anne

I'm kinda' like Tazzman but, not quite as much

Fishing

Shooting (rifle & handgun)

Choir (baritone)

Goldsmith/silversmith (design & fab)

In Past(descending):

Violin Maker & restorer

Wood carver

Wood worker (turning & making)

Hunting

Gemstone cutting (facet & cab)

Gold prospecting (like to do again)

Soccer (7 years in Germany)

Archery

Baseball

Football

Trapping (my teen years for spending $$'s)

Instruments (all poorly & long ago):

Tuba

Trumpet

Guitar (a group in Trenton NJ in 1963)

Violin

Priority #1

Church and whatever wife Rose wants!! :innocent:

When I have time left over from beating dead cows I like to paint.

I paint in oil, acrylic or aquarelle. When I lived in Sweden I had a couple of shows per year in and around Stockholm area. Most of the photos below are unfortunable in a bad quallity, I had my share of computer crashes and all of the original is gone:-(

This is just a small selection, many of them belongs in a series of paintings.

My god, tina those paitings are stunning. The corsets are beautiful too, but I don't think i could get away with wearing them to work though lol. You are one talented lady!!

Tina, where do you get your patterns for these?

Anne

Hi Anne,

I wrote you a note last night with some info.

Some quick info, I started out using McCalls number 3609 pattern. It's a basic Vistorian corset pattern that can be changed for other models in the future and great to start out with. Here's some good link to buy busks, bones and such:

http://www.corsetmaking.com/

http://www.lafnmoon.com/

Pip,

Thanks a lot:-) I'm one of them people that likes to try out as many different things as possible in this lifetime...Some things will disappear with time but to paint and beating cows will always stay.

Hey, I make corsets for men too (or use to);-)

Edited by Tina

After the show in Sheridan, my family and I went to Yellowstone for a couple of days. There, I found two skulls from elk cows which were probably winter kill. Thier bones were all knawed on by many other creatures, and smelled pretty bad. For some reason, no one wanted me to bring the skulls home. At least I have a picture, so I can pretend I added one to my collection! The other one I failed to get a picture of. It would have been difficult to put in the trunk, as it had most of the backbone attached. How sad, I don't have one like that!

jellistone1.jpg

post-1462-1211637500_thumb.jpg