Sign in to follow this  
mwcondit

Arm Pad For Welders

any body out there make an arm pad for pipeline welders? I have some requests for such a thing and would sure like some input.

Not to give a smart answer, but why don't you ask them what they want, how they want it made ? Then you can go from there on making a pattern.

Oh, I have asked them, can't ever get a straight answer, I get answers like ole so and so had one and it was really cool, sure wish i had one like that. The last on said he saw one that had some kind of buckles like were used on harness,,,,,,,,, i was hoping somebody had some pictures,, I kind of know what they want, since they can buy one made in china. I'll get something figured out then go from there.

Not to give a smart answer, but why don't you ask them what they want, how they want it made ? Then you can go from there on making a pattern.

I was a code welder for 20 years, all the ones I saw were just a pad about 6 to 8 inches wide and 8 to ten inches long, with velcro straps. they need to be a couple of layers thick to protect the welder from heat. I always just used an old glove. Hope this helps

HI,

I know what you are talking about, as i am a welder, and got interested in leatherworking wanting to make some. What i started with is a packet from Tandy on cowboy cuffs. That pack will help you out a lot. My leathers are out in my rig and its 8 degrees out right now so no pictures for now. Hope that helps you get started in right direction

jim