Here's something I just finished up....for myself actually!!! I'd say this is the first Sheridan style belt I've made. I made a couple others a year or so ago, but I didn't have a clue how to actually do them. CLH here on LW showed me the proper way to do it, so I'm gonna say this is the first official Sheridan style belt I've done. Let me know what you think. Any input as to how to improve is always greatly appreciated. Thanks.

post-7660-073227400 1295294131_thumb.jpg

Looks great, no mud puddles on this one. What kind og thread are you using?

Terry

Thanks Terry. I'm using nylon 69 thread.

Very nice....really like the two tone colors.

Being a rookie as well, I can't offer any criticisms but it sure looks like a fine job and a handsome project to me.

Excellent, very fine job. My best to you.

Very nice work. Great dye job.

Beautiful work, love the colors.

ken

I'll tell you what, if that were my first Sheridan belt I'd be thrilled. The tooling looks very well done.

One thing I can suggest is when doing your edges - after edging and sanding to the shape you'd like, I use 320 grit paper, the kind that comes on a roll on cloth. Wet the edge with spit. Nothing works as good as spit. Rub and sand quickly and you will find that all of a sudden your edge will burnish to a glassy finish. Other types of sandpaper don't work like the cloth strips.

Very nice work though.

Thanks for the compliments gang. The coloring was a very interesting thing. That belt is one that had been cut for quite some time (like several months). It apparently was WAY dry. I put one very light coat of olive oil on it, and bam...it got dark quick. I really kinda wanted it to be lighter, but at that point I was too far in to get out. I lightly antiqued it and called it good. I was happy the way it turned out though.