Froghunter

Skulls to tell time by.....

That looks good! I love skulls and Floral, so you won me over twice! Tooling is great!

ShirleyZ

Tom, as a fairly unskilled and new carver, I do whatever feels right. Most leaves get a single shot, some get a bit of a walk after, depends on the width of the leaf. I was also given the tip to go in at the end of the project and give em one more shot to help give them more pop.

As far as I am concerned every piece I do is a practice piece, some get better, some don't. But carving is something I have a passion for, so practice is a good thing. Some day I hope to have half the talent as some of the individuals on this site!

My favorite thing is to do something different. I know there are "traditional" ways to do types of carving, but I don't thnk I have ever seen the "Wrong" way to do it.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words! I have decided to keep it light and add some antique to it. More pictures will follow soon I promise!

Hi Frog,

Thanks for the info, I agree with you about carving, there are so many different ways to achieve great results. Looking forward to your tutorial/additional posts.

Thanks again

R-man/Tom

So I came up with an idea for a workshop on how to make a Leather clock. We held the first class yesterday at the store and although I only had one craftsperson there it was a rousing success.

Here is my design and I will post pics of the attendees after it is finished (and I get permission)

I don't know What colors I am going with yet, but I did punch the big hole for the clock works right in the center of it all right after this pic was taken. (ya know...that's a hard thing to do!)

The design is simple, a square piece of leather, put down your design, v-gouge the sides, fold over and stitch..... Now to decide on a finish.....

I think this is hot shit, damn i wish i could pull this out of my hands...very nice, love the mashup of styles - you nailed it

I really like that background ... what tool did you use for that?

It's a really unique texture, that nicely sets of the contrast between the flowers and the skulls.

That's cool!

--charley

very nice work i am really curious to see more pics

greez

mfm

Awsome work!!

great work, cant wait to see it assembled. what kind of frame and clock hands will you use

OOOOps, I posted the finished project in another thread and forgot to put it in this one!

Here ya go, let me know what you think!!!! I like the way it came out!

finished.jpg

post-5734-1218712882_thumb.jpg

Any way you copuld post a black and white PDF file of the design ?