Sign in to follow this  
mountain man

Shoulder Holster

i have lost my shoulder holster pattern for stock no. 4416 i have instuctions if somebody could help me with the pattern i would really appreciate it

I'd like to help you out but I'm not sure which pattern that is.

This is the only one I have.

Kevin.

post-19342-053365500 1296424059_thumb.jp

I'd like to help you out but I'm not sure which pattern that is.

This is the only one I have.

Kevin.

Kevin. I don'tthink I have ever seen that pattern for a shoulder holster. What book is it in? I wouldn't mind having that pattern. John

Edited by johnggrg

Hello John;

That pattern is from Al Stohlmams "How To Make Holsters" 1953.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/1892214989

I've made a couple of those with holsters and a couple of more for guys that wanted them to hold a beer bottle.

Kevin. I don'tthink I have ever seen that pattern for a shoulder holster. What book is it in? I wouldn't mind having that pattern. John

Edited by Tree Reaper

Hello John;

That pattern is from Al Stohlmams "How To Make Holsters" 1953.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/1892214989

I've made a couple of those with holsters and a couple of more for guys that wanted them to hold a beer bottle.

A beer bottle? Really? Crazy! Thanks for the information I'll have to get that pattern. John

Be sure to add a leak proof cap they can snap on the bottle or they'll smell like beer!

A beer bottle? Really? Crazy! Thanks for the information I'll have to get that pattern. John

I have that pattern also. bought the pattern book many years ago. made a shoulder holster for my bond arms snakeslayer. i modified the pattern a bit. wearing the paper template, it seemed to be tight so i extended the pattern a bit. the straps seemed short, but i used that length. i'm not big and the straps are almost too short. next time i'll ad a couple of inches to the narrow straps. also there needs to be a strap from the bottom of the holster to attach to the belt. i would like to have other shoulder holster patterns, but don't know where to get them.

Just for what it's worth from a grumpy old man. I spent 35 years in law enforcement. I have carried a number of different firearms, and have tried a number of different ways to carry them. I have used paddle holsters, different styles of belt holsters and some shoulder rigs. I even tried an old 'semi-shoulder' rig many years ago. It was a belt mounted, two piece rig that placed the firearm up high, similar in placement to a standard shoulder holster. I still have a nice Hoyte shoulder holster for a K frame S&W. My experience is that shoulder holsters are just not comfortable after 10 or 12 hours (or even less) of wearing them. They have straps all over hell and half of Texas that are supposed to keep the gun close in to the body.....they don't. Getting them on and off is an irritant. The weight of a decent sized firearm hanging on your shoulder will get old pretty quickly. As to concealability, they aren't too good for that either. For comfort for long periods of time, I have found that a good tight-to-the-body belt holster, carried in the 3 to4 o'clock position (for right handers) is the most comfortable and practical. I won't build a shoulder rig for anyone..........they end up an unhappy customer. JMHO Mike