Gawdzilla

Frisket Film? Anybody Used This?

Frisket Film for transferring. Any experience, praise, warnings?

(I am not connected with this company in any fashion. (Well, we're both on the tectonic plate, but otherwise...))

(I am not connected with this company in any fashion. (Well, we're both on the tectonic plate, but otherwise...))

Frisket is odd ball stuff to use at best. You might have a problem with it adhering to wet/dampened leather. We used to use it a lot but not for leather.

ferg

I definitely wouldn't use it if the purpose is transferring patterns. The tracing film from Tandy is much better for that.

Frisket Film has a low tack adhesive similar to blue painters tape so it will stick to the project and will leave a tiny amount of residue that will need to be cleaned off. The other problem is on wet/cased leather, tape & such pulls the pores more than it does on dry leather leaving 'fuzzy' patches where the tape was.

Frisket Film is more for masking areas off when spraying color with an airbrush when you need many small or overlapping masks that can be removed/reapplied.

I use it quite a bit for making my stencils, especially when I'm working on something fairly fragile like a painted bike tank like here:

http://mcbearcat.shawwebspace.ca/pages/view/leather_bits/

Not sure if it's actual brand name "frisket" but it's the same stuff. Not cheep tho :0/

I use it quite a bit for making my stencils, especially when I'm working on something fairly fragile like a painted bike tank like here:

http://mcbearcat.sha...w/leather_bits/

Not sure if it's actual brand name "frisket" but it's the same stuff. Not cheep tho :0/

Nice Bags McJeep!

Keep the Rubber side down....

Thanks much :)