greybeardUK

Hi From The Uk

Hi all,

I found this site via the web this morning. And registered prior to browsing the forum, I used to do some carving many years ago, but gave it up due to an accident that caused frustrating issues in manipulating the tools.

The reason behind registering is an emotional one, [ the passing of my little dog ] . I want to carve his likeness in leather, whether I succeed only time will tell.

To that end I intend to browse and see if I can some ideas on 'how' others may have produced a result, when the only area that is cut is[ the eyes the nose and a small portion of the mouth ]. Not something that I have ever worked on in the past,

The little of the work shown I have seen so far, is superlative,, Makes me wonder if I am going to be out of my depth!!. Again.:surrender:

Cheers.

GB-UK

Welcome to the site, sorry to hear about your dog. I know how hard it is. The work on here is amazing, so many talented and helpful people. I have learned so much, in so many different aspects of leathercraft, but one warning, its addictive.

Happy learning Zoe

Welcome to LW - loads of information and help. Sorry to hear about your dog. Nice to see another Brit on here. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Gary

Hi all,

I found this site via the web this morning. And registered prior to browsing the forum, I used to do some carving many years ago, but gave it up due to an accident that caused frustrating issues in manipulating the tools.

The reason behind registering is an emotional one, [ the passing of my little dog ] . I want to carve his likeness in leather, whether I succeed only time will tell.

To that end I intend to browse and see if I can some ideas on 'how' others may have produced a result, when the only area that is cut is[ the eyes the nose and a small portion of the mouth ]. Not something that I have ever worked on in the past,

The little of the work shown I have seen so far, is superlative,, Makes me wonder if I am going to be out of my depth!!. Again.:surrender:

Cheers.

GB-UK

Hi Greybeard,

really sorry about your dog; that's never easy to deal with. No, you'll not be out of your depth at all, just ask! If I can be of any help at all with anything, get in touch.

All the best,

Andy My link

Morning folks

Thank you Zoe,,Gary,, & Andy, for your welcome and kind words.

I believe it is going to take me some considerable time to work through even a small part of this site, And as the youngsters over here say '' Gobsmacked '' at the amount of information available and the quality of the work presented.

I only have a the odd few bits that I never quite finished, when I had issues with my hand that caused me to stop carving. Not sure whether to try and post them, and which section yet. Being a newbie I might just sit in the corner for a bit.

Cheers

Bill.

Welcome to the forum, Greybeard - there are plenty of people from the UK on here so you won't lack for company!

If you have any questions do feel free to ask as everyone is very helpful.

The wealth of leatherworking information amassed here is almost unbelievable so do spend time browsing the archives.

Enjoy,

Ray

Welcome to the forum, Greybeard - there are plenty of people from the UK on here so you won't lack for company!

If you have any questions do feel free to ask as everyone is very helpful.

The wealth of leatherworking information amassed here is almost unbelievable so do spend time browsing the archives.

Enjoy,

Ray

Hi Ray,

Thank's for the welcome, currently reading and testing the computer how 2s re this forum. One man and his dog eh, !!. Like that:)

Cheers

GB.

Hi and welcome to the forum, any questions ask Ray.:whistle:

Hi George,,,,,,,,,,, methinks you'll be getting your wrist slapped from a certain quarter :lol:.

This is priceless :notworthy: