Fauxred

Red Hair On Hide

I used to own a pair of blood red horse hair boots and I fell in love with the look and texture of hair on hide shoes. I'm looking to work on a mini-collection and I'm seeking blood red hair on hide, with a texture similar to horsehair. I've spoken to several leather retailers, but none of them seem to have anything like it. I had no idea it was such a specialty item!

Can anyone direct me towards a supplier that might have something like this? I'm willing to dye it myself if I can find something similar in texture to the horsehair.

Thanks so much!

I used to own a pair of blood red horse hair boots and I fell in love with the look and texture of hair on hide shoes. I'm looking to work on a mini-collection and I'm seeking blood red hair on hide, with a texture similar to horsehair. I've spoken to several leather retailers, but none of them seem to have anything like it. I had no idea it was such a specialty item!

Can anyone direct me towards a supplier that might have something like this? I'm willing to dye it myself if I can find something similar in texture to the horsehair.

Thanks so much!

Will cowhide do? Tandy is selling cowhide rugs. I got this entire outfit from one of them.

Posting link because it's a big pix. http://s691.photobuc...nt=DSCN0754.jpg

Try theleathercollection

Hair on Hide

Thanks so much!

If you don't mind buying from Europe...I found this one on Tradera (Swedish Ebay owned) this week:

http://www.tradera.com/Akta-koskinns-matta-i-jatte-fint-skick-UNIK--auktion_1615_126947832

Thanks so much!

Tandy sells cowhide rugs. I found one that was completely red and made a top hat, vest and plainsman's boots out of it with plenty left over for a shoulder bag for She Who Must Not Be Ignored.

Sorry for the ridiculous delay in my response. It seems I had all my notifications turned off. Oops.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate the help.

www.glacierwear.com has rabbit fur dyed like zebra, tiger, leopard, ocelot, etc and probably other colors as well

hope this helps

Edited by 41mag