Sign in to follow this  
Chief31794

Nuthin' From Georgia

I watch this site almost everyday and see all the Howdy's from Texas, and Hi Yall's from Tennessee, etc, but I never see any one from Georgia. Am I the only leatherworker in the state of Georgia, if so, I ain't marketing very well. If you're from Georgia (Particularly the Southern part, although I'll talk to folks from Atlanta and above) reply and let's get an accounting of where we all are. I'll start:

I'm Ken from Tifton, GA, I work in Albany but live in Tifton.

Ken

Hey Ken,

I'm on St. Simons Island, and my buddy ArtS is up a little north of Macon. That's three of us for sure...

Mike

Hey Ken,

I'm on St. Simons Island, and my buddy ArtS is up a little north of Macon. That's three of us for sure...

Mike

Excellent, thanks Mike, I was beginning to feel lonely.

Ken

Hey guys, count me in....up north.......Jasper, GA. :welcome:

Welcome from Jasper, we may take this site over yet.

Ken

I am in Sugar Hill, just north of Atlanta.. Hey Mike, I lived on St Simons a long time ago, summer of '69, during the four months of training out at NAS Glynco before it became the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. Does it still smell when crossing the causeway into Brunswick? The locals always said it smelled like money to them. And if I remember correctly, you have some very large mosquitos in those salt water marshy areas.

Hey y'all, from Lawrenceville' :thumbsup:

Hey Randy!

OK, we're one for two. Yes, the mosquitos still have registration numbers on their sides, but either a great enforcement job by Georgia EPA (which I doubt) or a change in formulation and products at the nitrocellulos plant have pretty much done away with most of the smell. I got here to FLETC in 1977 and the smell waiting outside the chow hall (I'm sorry, Dining Facility) was a great weight loss motivator.

Welcome also to TimberWolf and TigerPal. Too bad Ed the Bear Man doesn't live in GA!! :rolleyes:

Mike

I watch this site almost everyday and see all the Howdy's from Texas, and Hi Yall's from Tennessee, etc, but I never see any one from Georgia. Am I the only leatherworker in the state of Georgia, if so, I ain't marketing very well. If you're from Georgia (Particularly the Southern part, although I'll talk to folks from Atlanta and above) reply and let's get an accounting of where we all are. I'll start:

I'm Ken from Tifton, GA, I work in Albany but live in Tifton.

Ken

Hi Ken, I'm pretty new here, but I'm in the area. In fact, you work in my home town :lol:

Born and raised in Albany and just getting started with leatherworking myself. I've completed a grand total of one project, but it was addictive. My supply of goodies for my next project should be here tomorrow.

Where do you work at? Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want. ;)

Hi Ken, I'm pretty new here, but I'm in the area. In fact, you work in my home town :lol:

Born and raised in Albany and just getting started with leatherworking myself. I've completed a grand total of one project, but it was addictive. My supply of goodies for my next project should be here tomorrow.

Where do you work at? Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want. ;)

Tomcat,

Welcome to the site, I sent you an email with answers to your questions and my contact information in Albany.

Ken

Tomcat,

Welcome to the site, I sent you an email with answers to your questions and my contact information in Albany.

Ken

Gotten and replied to :)

Rob here checking in from Covington. You guys are not alone!

I have been playing with leather for a year and a half or so now. Improving slowly with every project I make and having tons of fun!

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Georgia version of the site. There's more around here than I thought.

Ken

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Georgia version of the site. There's more around here than I thought.

Ken

Maybe we should get t-shirts made up ;)

Tom

Chief, Tom,

I grew up in Sylvester. I'm down here in Tallahassee now. I have lived in Tifton and Agony. I remember the Lamplighter Pub in Tifton and The Monkey Palace in Agony.Can't forget Charlie B's and other places that have fallen by the wayside. Good to see SOWEGA represented here.

:party26:

Groovytech,

Cool, if you get up this way send us a note. SOWEGA rules!!!

Ken

Chief, Tom,

I grew up in Sylvester. I'm down here in Tallahassee now. I have lived in Tifton and Agony. I remember the Lamplighter Pub in Tifton and The Monkey Palace in Agony.Can't forget Charlie B's and other places that have fallen by the wayside. Good to see SOWEGA represented here.

:party26:

For the record though, Carlie B's is still going strong :lol: