Sign in to follow this  
Gawdzilla

Cigarette Case Pattern?

Anybody have a pattern for the regular and king cigarette cases? This is something I'm planning on doing for the Endangered Wolf Center store.

I have used the Tandy kits for patterns in the past, but altered them to be laced because I suck at sewing and they turned out pretty good.

I have used the Tandy kits for patterns in the past, but altered them to be laced because I suck at sewing and they turned out pretty good.

I rivet them most often. When I was doing them a lot I had two steel blocks that I slipped into the case to make riveting easier. They cost a few bucks apiece back in the '70s.

I get the plastic cases at a smoke shop remove the lid and use them as an insert in the leather case I form around them. Basically make a paper pattern and fold it around the plastic box sew a second piece on the back to form the belt loop and snap closer flap.

post-4868-053719700 1297797838_thumb.jpg

post-4868-076331000 1297797859_thumb.jpg

post-4868-067549400 1297797880_thumb.jpg

Jordan, good idea. Have you ever used the flap-and-strap system like Tandy sells?

Jordan, good idea. Have you ever used the flap-and-strap system like Tandy sells?

No, I did buy a cig case once for a pattern but did not like it so came up with my own.

No, I did buy a cig case once for a pattern but did not like it so came up with my own.

Probably the best way to go when possible.

I've asked a smoker friend to cut me two wooden blanks, "regular" and "king". He'll send them over to me when they're ready and I can make a pattern from those. I prefer rivets to stitching, four rivets for regular and five for king on each side.

If you still need a pattern, I'm fairly certain Leather Secrets has one in it. I've been meaning to go make some copies of a few patterns in it and I can mail you a xerox. Sorry, but I still don't know how to use a scanner so you'd have to wait for regular mail.

If you still need a pattern, I'm fairly certain Leather Secrets has one in it. I've been meaning to go make some copies of a few patterns in it and I can mail you a xerox. Sorry, but I still don't know how to use a scanner so you'd have to wait for regular mail.

Thanks, I'll send you my addy via Messenger.