jsb

New Member From Malaysia

Hi to everyone,

I am Julia, originally from Germany, but currently living in Malaysia. I did some leatherwork before, but that was several years ago and I sure hope that I will finally find the time to get back to this great hobby. I recently managed to get all my tools and stuff from Germany - now I only need to find out if there is any supplier for leather around here.

If there is anybody who knows about resources in Malaysia (Penang), I would be happy about some tips.

Hoping to find a lot of new and interesting people/ideas/contacts ... here.

Julia

Welcome to LW Julia. We have people from all over the world and I would be surprised if there wasn't someone here who could help you out. Glad you joined us!

Hi and welcome to Leatherworker.net. We're glad you found our little corner of the internet. There's lots of members, both amateurs and professionals, who'll be happy to help with any questions you might have. Ask away, and enjoy one of the friendliest sites on the 'net.

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Central Texas, USA

Welcome to LW from Southern Nevada USA

Malaysia is quite a difference from Germany, how did you end up there?

Hi Julia,

I am in Singapore, born in Malaysia. I grew up here, and even served in the military. So I ain't so familiar with Malaysia anymore.

However, here in Singapore, most leather crafters still have to order our leather online. The only source here has hides only from India and the qualities aren't desirable.

I doubt you will find any dedicated leather craft supplier over there. But there definitely will be leather suppliers for saddle repairs, shoe makers, etc. You can have a chat with the guys doing saddle repair for the local equestrian club to see where their leather come from if you want a local source.

Hi to everyone,

I am Julia, originally from Germany, but currently living in Malaysia. I did some leatherwork before, but that was several years ago and I sure hope that I will finally find the time to get back to this great hobby. I recently managed to get all my tools and stuff from Germany - now I only need to find out if there is any supplier for leather around here.

If there is anybody who knows about resources in Malaysia (Penang), I would be happy about some tips.

Julia

Hallo Julia

Gruesse aus Virginia......toll das man hier so viele internationale Leder werker findet.

Meine Tochter heisst auch Julia, ist aber in den USA geboren....wir sind aus dem Schwabenland und schon lange in Virginia....

Alles Gute nach Malaysia aus Virginia.....

Nun mal ran an den Speck und feste losgenaeht, mal sehen was es alls von dir zu sehen gibt.....die tolle Kultur in Malaysia wird dich sicher in deiner Lederarbeit beinflussen>>>?!

Gruss

James

Hallo Julia

Gruesse aus Virginia......toll das man hier so viele internationale Leder werker findet.

Meine Tochter heisst auch Julia, ist aber in den USA geboren....wir sind aus dem Schwabenland und schon lange in Virginia....

Alles Gute nach Malaysia aus Virginia.....

Nun mal ran an den Speck und feste losgenaeht, mal sehen was es alls von dir zu sehen gibt.....die tolle Kultur in Malaysia wird dich sicher in deiner Lederarbeit beinflussen>>>?!

Gruss

Hi Julia

Greetings from Virginia, the great one ...... here we find many international leather craftsmen.

My daughter is also called Julia, is born in the U.S. .... we are from Swabia and .... a long time in Virginia

All the best to Malaysia from Virginia .....

Now, once we get at the bacon and solid losgenaeht, let's see what it alls to see you there ..... the great culture in Malaysia will certainly influence one up in your leather work >>>?!

Greetings

Translation supplied by Google

hi, i'm from malaysia, i just started this leather working hobby few months back. i found your post while i'm searching online for resources and suppliers. i usually got my supply from KL, in Petaling Street. whereby there are 2 shops selling shoes making supplies, choices are limited.

hi, i'm from malaysia, i just started this leather working hobby few months back. i found your post while i'm searching online for resources and suppliers. i usually got my supply from KL, in Petaling Street. whereby there are 2 shops selling shoes making supplies, choices are limited.

Hey there! Would you be able to let me know the exact location of these shops you are talking about?

I want to know too! Where is exactly the shop? Mind telling us? :helpsmilie:

I want to know too! Where is exactly the shop? Mind telling us? :helpsmilie:

leong yik hing

101, jln sultan, 50000 kl

tel:20786836/4571

i have a colleague name Firdaus Hilmy too. haha, are you happen to be working with a bank?

leong yik hing

i have a colleague name Firdaus Hilmy too. haha, are you happen to be working with a bank?

Thanks! no, I'm a uni student.. :P

Hi,

I just joined recently, hope is not too late to reply. I'm supplying genuine leather, crafting tools, parts, hardware & accessories for making bags, shoes & leather goods. Wholesale or small qty purchases are most welcomed, all selling at wholesale price.

Feel free to check out www.megaksl.com or pay a visit at my shop at :

Mega KSL Trading

Lot 50, Jalan SK 3/8, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor.

012-3309626

Thanks.

Hi,

I just joined recently, hope is not too late to reply. I'm supplying genuine leather, crafting tools, parts, hardware & accessories for making bags, shoes & leather goods. Wholesale or small qty purchases are most welcomed, all selling at wholesale price.

Mega KSL Trading

012-3309626

Thanks.

Yeay finally an online leather shop! May I know do you have MOQ? I really want to visit your shop BTW! :yeah:

Hi,

Mega KSL Trading

012-3309626

Thanks.

oh my God!! finally a shop near (but not so near) me

Yeay finally an online leather shop! May I know do you have MOQ? I really want to visit your shop BTW! :yeah:

Selected leather & small items like rivet, eyelets, snap hooks etc might have small MOQ, like 4sqft for leather, 6pcs hooks, 50pcs eyelets in a pack. With such small requirements should not be a matter, right?

Welcome & pls drop by anytime from Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm.

oh my God!! finally a shop near (but not so near) me

Hope to see you soon :) Give me a call if you can't find the place.

Selected leather & small items like rivet, eyelets, snap hooks etc might have small MOQ, like 4sqft for leather, 6pcs hooks, 50pcs eyelets in a pack. With such small requirements should not be a matter, right?

Welcome & pls drop by anytime from Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm.

4 sqft of leather is not a problem! will visit your shop one day

Hi,

Mega KSL Trading

012-3309626

Thanks.

Are those all full grain leather under "genuine leather" section?

Are those all full grain leather under "genuine leather" section?

They are all real animal leather including top grain, split, lining, suede & etc.

They are all real animal leather including top grain, split, lining, suede & etc.

And we do have some embossed leather too, like ostrich print, Barton print, etc but with limited qty.

leong yik hing

Been there. They have many hides but low quality and very old stock (some have mold). No veg tanned and no full grain hides..

If anyone else know where to source leather in Malaysia do let us know :)

Hello Julia,

You can order the leather by online at megaleathershop. Try google it.

Hi to everyone,

Julia