18 inches

Brass Steam Punk Wheel

Black Kangaroo Leather

12 Strand Rectangular Braid

100_1308_t2.jpg

100_1310_t2.jpg

100_1314_t2.jpg

100_1307_t2.jpg

Hope you all like it. I had fun making it. There is still a point of frustration though. I am having a tough time finding the proper findings and some rectangular end caps in sterling silver and brass as well. The whole time I was making this necklace, I was also searching the net for findings that would work with this necklace. But to no avail, I had to settle for the ones that are on there from my local bead store. Oh well. Life goes on eh?...

Brian...

Hi

Love the necklace Try Pandahall.com its the only place I could find similar fittings and they are a really good price

Regards Zoe

OK, question: Is a 12 rectangular braid done the same as a 12 round braid without the core?

try BraidersHand for end fittings

also look for KumiHimo supplies (braiders hand is one of them)

Kumi is a Japanese braid and uses the same type of end fittings

Thank you all for your kind comments and pointers to find some findings that might work on the next one.

OK, question: Is a 12 rectangular braid done the same as a 12 round braid without the core?

Yes it is. I just used a polly hammer to pound it flatter and a roller to smooth the rectangular braid out more.

B...

Edited by KnotHead

I think this looks great.

I am sure it must be hard to find pieces and clasps. Have you thought about making your own out of something from a hardware store?

I have been looking just about everywhere I can. But finding those types of box ends is not very easy. The ones you do find are just plain too large or too small in one way or the other. I think I found a place in the UK that might have what I'm looking for. I wont know until I order a few of them and try them out.

Thanks for the kind comments.

B...

Thank you all for you kind comments.

B...

The necklace SOLD. I had it around my neck and it sold straight off my neck. LOL...

B...