TLP

Morris Chair Cushions

I am waiting for plans for a Morris Chair, and need to start researching the cushions, will this be something I can do myself, with the use of a friends sewing machine? What kind of foam should I be looking for along with sources of upholstery leather.

Thanks

TP

What is a Morris chair?

Ray

What is a Morris chair?

Ray

Ray do you think it might be a chair that the Morris Dancers would use to have a Rest

after a Hard day of Dancing & Bell Ringing.........l o l :Lighten::cheers:

Edited by Luke Hatley

if you live in a large city you should be able to buy auto or interior upholstery leather at a wholesaler. if you live in a small town check with a local auto upholstery shop, they should be able to order for you. use a high density foam. nothing worse than having your backside bottom out . if you have spare time build me one too

Ray do you think it might be a chair that the Morris Dancers would use to have a Rest

after a Hard day of Dancing & Bell Ringing.........l o l :Lighten::cheers:

I thought it might be a seat for a Morris Minor - Morris dancers are a whole new issue... and I don't want to go there! LOL

I believe Mike Cahill is an expert on Morris dancing - or maybe that is clog dancing. I can't remember.

What is a Morris chair?

Ray

I had to Google to find out. When the pictures loaded, I realized I'd owned one once, and didn't even know that it had a name like Morris... I called it something else.

It had big chunky claw foot legs, and my wife kept putting it in the way of my toes.