Justis Cases

Siegel Of Calif. Email Received This Am

Greetings from Siegel of Caliofnria, Inc

Contact Information: siegel.leather@gmail.com

(emails are checked every hour)

After 84Years of servicing the leather trade, Siegel of California is closing it’s doors effective 3/2/11. This has been an incredibly difficult decision prompted by both personal and economic strains. My recent stay in the hospital shows just what a toll this has all taken on me. I need to find a different avenue to use my skills and knowledge that I have built through my 60 years of life.

Thus I will be starting a new relationship soon where I can better serve my customers. My customers have been the heart of my business and I look forward to a continuing relationship with them. I look forward to this new relationship where I will be able to have a more focused approach and leave behind the day to day intricacies of managing employees.

For Example: Our California Double Tanned Skirting, recognized by many as the nicest skirting on the market will still be available, produced the same way per our exclusive arrangement with Wickett & Craig at $159.00/side. For now, it would be best to email me with any orders as I will still be intricately involved in the leather's standards. The leather will be shipped from Wickett in PA, but our company has developed standards for selection which we will be communicating to Wickett.

You will be hearing more about this from me soon so watch your inbox!

I owe thanks to all of my loyal customers who have stood by us for the last 84 years.

With Warmest Wishes,

Steven Siegel, CEO

Siegel of California, Inc

siegel.leather@gmail.com

s.siegel@siegelofca.com

Edited by Justis Cases

I wonder what all that means? Thanks, Jack, he must have removed me from the Siegel Special list.

~J

I wonder what all that means? Thanks, Jack, he must have removed me from the Siegel Special list.

~J

Very curious, I didn't get any notice on the e-mail special list either. His web site is still up with no mention of shutting down. Maybe he will have the courtesy to post on this forum and let the rest of us know.

Don't hold your breath on that one.

Art

Maybe he will have the courtesy to post on this forum and let the rest of us know.

I called the 800 number this AM and no answer, so I e-mailed, we'll see what happens.

Kevin

drama

i dunno..i got this email today also....after all that went on it seems a shame that seigel leather is giving up over this. maybe not kick a guy when hes down.

i dunno..i got this email today also....after all that went on it seems a shame that seigel leather is giving up over this. maybe not kick a guy when hes down.

It appears he's not giving up just yet but I don't understand why he expects anyone will order leather from him when it has to be drop shipped from another source. Just call Glen Prout direct at 800-TANNERY and order 1 or 100 sides direct.

It appears he's not giving up just yet but I don't understand why he expects anyone will order leather from him when it has to be drop shipped from another source. Just call Glen Prout direct at 800-TANNERY and order 1 or 100 sides direct.

Because it is not the SAME leather. Please do not post things that are untrue.

Steven, I don't think Jack meant to post something untrue, but was speculating. I re-read the posted email (twice) after reading your post. In a quick scan, it looks like WC is providing your hides.....but....on closer reading it appears that WC will be producing hides per your specifications, which is quite a bit different. Is this the case?

How is it "untrue"? You yourself said : "The leather will be shipped from Wickett in PA, but our company has developed standards for selection which we will be communicating to Wickett." Thus, the leather is coming from Wickett, thus one could surmise that if one called Wickett themselves, they'd get leather from Wickett, just as they would be if they called you. The poster was merely suggesting going to the source, that being Wickett.

Now, if you have a private agreement with Wickett, where the leather is something they are only selling to you and your customers, than that should be stated. It was not. If that's the case, make it clear!

Great minds, Holly, great minds.....

LOL!

Don't get me wrong, Steve, I would honestly like things to turn around for you, both in health AND business. Damage has been done though, and keeping things clear is the best way to improve the situation. This is a rough economy, as you no doubt know, and both customers and businesses are having a bad time of things.

All the best to you Steven, and hope this helps in a speedy recovery.

If its not the same leather, what does Wickett & Craig do to make it so special and more expensive?

The whole "drop ship" thing is what I don't understand. Instead of promoting Siegel Fine Leathers and shipping from your own location, it appears that your just a salesman for Wickett & Craig which is not a bad thing at all.

I got the Email from Siegel of Calif. and I can say they will be missed. As to the skirting, it is is made for Steve Siegel to his specs. It is not the SAME skirting W&C sell even though it comes from the same tannery. I use both and can tell you it is not the same leather. Siegel has put a lot of time in developing this product and continues to tweek it to make it better for the saddlemaker. I will continue to use both in my business....... Jeff

Thanks for the clarification, Jeff. It is always good to hear from someone who uses it.

If its not the same leather, what does Wickett & Craig do to make it so special and more expensive?

The whole "drop ship" thing is what I don't understand. Instead of promoting Siegel Fine Leathers and shipping from your own location, it appears that your just a salesman for Wickett & Craig which is not a bad thing at all.

Hi,

It has been tanned a second time with vegetable extracts . This changes the character of the leather in many aspects. The leather is being sold under the tradename of California Double Tanned Skirting. The leather can be ordered through me or directly through Wickett. I will be happy to explain the differences in very extensive detail if you wish. I can be reached at siegel.leather@gmail.com

Okay. The way it sounds to me is that he's closed his business and taken a job with WC as a salesman or sales rep. He's brought some of his own products over with him and will get a little extra on the commission side if anyone buys that. All this drama and intrigue is getting awfully boring.

Sad to see a three generation thing go down, but it happens.

Please be kind.

They were always good to me, out in Hawaii, with their freight rates, and their availability of Sedgwick leather, and their skirting was tops. The web page was always interesting.

Awaiting further developments.

Can always tell it is winter on the Mainland. Please sit under the full spectrum light bulbs if you cannot go outside, and don't post anything you may regret later.

Some people, if you gave them a million dollars, would rag on you because you didn't pay the taxes.

Aloha,

Bird

Sad to see a three generation thing go down, but it happens.

Please be kind.

They were always good to me, out in Hawaii, with their freight rates, and their availability of Sedgwick leather, and their skirting was tops. The web page was always interesting.

Awaiting further developments.

Can always tell it is winter on the Mainland. Please sit under the full spectrum light bulbs if you cannot go outside, and don't post anything you may regret later.

]Some people, if you gave them a million dollars, would rag on you because you didn't pay the taxes. Aloha,

Bird

:16:

The hatred & bitching demonstrated throughout this thread is definitely :deadsubject:

It's over.

Let it go. Grow up. Stop :ranting2:

Edited by whinewine

Bird, I could not have said it better myself. Aloha!

~J