Tina

Smaller Stuff Just Of The Workbench...

2 Elisabethan swordfrogs.

One with an authentic patterns from a viking church (all wood) in Norway. The other frog is just basket weave stamped and dyed i 3 different colors, greenish at the middle, then brown and finallly black around the edges. All dye is applied with airbrush.

The last piece I just finished is a scroll holder. I tooled an old Scandinavian/north western European map from around 1630-ish I found online. All colors is spirit dyes except for the small details in black and white wich is acryllic paint. I did not manage to get a good picture (yet) of the top lid but that one also has a compass in black and white carved & tooled. I hope you enjoy :-)

post-5624-099838000 1299928900_thumb.jpg

post-5624-038981500 1299928909_thumb.jpg

post-5624-053509000 1299928924_thumb.jpg

post-5624-082405900 1299928936_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

Very nice.

Tina,

Nice to see that you have been busy again. The coloring is very nice as usual. Nice work with the airbrush for sure!

Regards,

Ben

beautiful work!

Chris

beautiful work!

Chris

Beautiful workmanship, Tina!!!

russ

Always happy to see a little more eye candy - I love what you did with those scroll holders, Tina. Those are just beautiful!!

Kate

I see work by a master.

Absolutely beautiful!

Joel

Wow they are really nice Tina, I especially like the scroll holder outstanding work.

Cheers,

Clair

Thanks a Million all :-)

The scrollholder/map was so fun to make and easier than I first thought it would be.

you always seem to have such interesting subjects, and the work itself well done to.

Thats some amazing work! I love the bright colours.

Your attention to details is always so impressive.

Love your work. rockon.gif

Hi Tina, wonderful work. As usually, extremely fine and creative.

Thank you all for your very nice comments:-)

I love trying to come up with new ideas (if possible) or redraw old patterns to make something newer and hopefully more interesting, sometimes you win, and sometimes you loose *S*

I have a few new things on the workbench I hope to get done by this week, I just hope it will work the way it's intended...

Beatiful work!

I've just returned to leather carving, myself, and still need a *lot* of practice / advice.

What did you use to get the "bubble" texture along the shorline of your map?

Skye

Thank you all for your very nice comments:-)

I love trying to come up with new ideas (if possible) or redraw old patterns to make something newer and hopefully more interesting, sometimes you win, and sometimes you loose *S*

I have a few new things on the workbench I hope to get done by this week, I just hope it will work the way it's intended...

Everything looks great Tina, but as others have mentioned, that scroll holder is top notch work. Excellent idea on using an old map, the tooling and color on everything is very easy on the eyes. :)

Beatiful work!

I've just returned to leather carving, myself, and still need a *lot* of practice / advice.

Skye

hey Skye, Those pebble tools are available a couple of places but the most common are from Springfield Leather: http://springfieldleather.com/product/6489/Stamping-Tool%2CPA005/ There are 3 different sizes (the other two are shown below on the same page).

I don't know how missed this post from back in March. Just beautiful work you have here Tina! Thanks for sharing. And thanks too for the link on the tool Spinner. I've been wanting that set for quite a while.

Cheers,

Andy

I don't know how missed this post from back in March. Just beautiful work you have here Tina! Thanks for sharing. And thanks too for the link on the tool Spinner. I've been wanting that set for quite a while.

Cheers,

Andy

Hey Andy, do yourself a favor, like I did, and order a handful of PA004 (the middle size one) and then regrind them to the various backgrounder shapes. You'll be glad you did. I now have 6 or so of them reground to various profiles and use them all the time.

Chris

Beatiful work!

Skye

I used a "Pebble tool". The one I used can be found at Springfield leather :-)

...and sometime one should read the whole post before answering *LOL* Anywway, good luck Skye and knock on the door if you have any questions.

Spinner & Andy...Thanks for your comments, I'm happy you like my work and that I still can come up with ideas to surprice someone :-)

Edited by Tina

Tina -

Thanks for the input.

I still keep looking at that map..... It's just gorgeous!

Maybe I'll try my hand at a map of An-Tir...

Skye

Hi Tina

Back again with a couple of more questions.

What are the dimentions on that scroll case?

And, are your colors dye or acrylics? What manufacturer?

Thanks again.

Skye

Hi Tina

Back again with a couple of more questions.

What are the dimentions on that scroll case?

And, are your colors dye or acrylics? What manufacturer?

Thanks again.

Skye

The holder is almost a foot high and I think close to 3 inch in diameter (I don't have it infront of me right now)

I use Angelus spirit dyes and acryllic white paint (sometime black paint too) On this scroll holder I have also used the old style medium brown antiquing from Tandy (before Eco-line), I was lucky enough to find a few big bottles before they were discontinued.

I get the spirit dye from a gourd supplier, he's got the best price I have found: www.turtlefeathers.net

Edited by Tina

Absolutely Beautiful!!You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

The holder is almost a foot high and I think close to 3 inch in diameter (I don't have it infront of me right now)

I use Angelus spirit dyes and acryllic white paint (sometime black paint too) On this scroll holder I have also used the old style medium brown antiquing from Tandy (before Eco-line), I was lucky enough to find a few big bottles before they were discontinued.

I get the spirit dye from a gourd supplier, he's got the best price I have found: www.turtlefeathers.net

Thank you!

Keep crankin' out the eye candy!

Skye

You do the best stuff... :)