Sign in to follow this  
yeringtonmike

Half Chaps

How's everyone? If anyone out there could head me in the direction of some patterns for half chaps. I had never even thought of them until today. A customer asked if I could make her some nice leather half chaps. I have an idea, but a pattern would sure help. Thanks, I know with all the knowledge that reins in our leather world, someone will be able to help me. Thanks, Mike

How's everyone? If anyone out there could head me in the direction of some patterns for half chaps. I had never even thought of them until today. A customer asked if I could make her some nice leather half chaps. I have an idea, but a pattern would sure help. Thanks, I know with all the knowledge that reins in our leather world, someone will be able to help me. Thanks, Mike

I had that happen as well. I found a pattern at Suitability.com. They have mostly english style patterns. The pattern pack I found was for helmets and 1/2 chaps. The pattern ran around $6.00. I called Springfield Leather and told them what I was making - They hooked me up with some nice Black Kampelli leather. It was just the right weight to work with and the lady was very please with how it came out. Hope this helps = Deb

I had that happen as well. I found a pattern at Suitability.com. They have mostly english style patterns. The pattern pack I found was for helmets and 1/2 chaps. The pattern ran around $6.00. I called Springfield Leather and told them what I was making - They hooked me up with some nice Black Kampelli leather. It was just the right weight to work with and the lady was very please with how it came out. Hope this helps = Deb

what is the difference between" 1/2 chaps" and chinks?

pete

what is the difference between" 1/2 chaps" and chinks?

pete

Half chaps are mainly English, but there are western style. They are like mountain boots with the bottom missing. They cover the lower leg, like a tall boot. Mike

Thanks Deb. I saw that on a website, but someone had put in a negative review, but I will give them a try. I'm sure they will give me a base to work off of. I also have account with Springfeild, so I will give them a call and get hooked up. Thanks again. Mike