Sign in to follow this  
LilRay

Front Pocket Wallet Pattern?

Hey folks, I Need help finding front pocket wallet pattern. I have a friend with back problems that has to carry his wallet in his front pocket.

His wallet looks like this;

2H88VB0.jpg

Any ideas????

God Bless, Ray

Ray,

If you friend has a wallet like that why not take the measurements from it and make him a new one?

If your trying to surprise him with a new one you might have to be sneaky and get it on the sly.

Looks fairly basic.

Allen

Or design one of your own. Work up a paper or file folder mock up so you get your sizes right.

I'm new to this so, could I use premade interiors or would I have to make those too? Also what thickness of leather should I buy?

God Bless, Ray

Don't worry about "being new to this"....it just means that you don't have any bad habits to break!!!! You can buy a premade interior, but be aware that they tend to be a bit larger than what you're looking for (I think). I've used some Saderra lining leather from Springfield for interiors, but Calf in 2-3oz might be a better choice, as it's softer. For the exterior, I suggest using 2-3oz Calf, or at most 4oz 'regular' vegtan. Considering that it's a wallet and won't be seeing a lot of stress or be in a situation where strength is an issue, you could probably get away with the belly of a hide. Belly leather tends to be a small bit stretchier than say a shoulder or back. That would probably do well for the flexing the wallet will see. Call Springfield leather and tell them what you want to do- they are REALLY good about helping customers get the leather they need.

Don't worry about "being new to this"....it just means that you don't have any bad habits to break!!!! You can buy a premade interior, but be aware that they tend to be a bit larger than what you're looking for (I think). I've used some Saderra lining leather from Springfield for interiors, but Calf in 2-3oz might be a better choice, as it's softer. For the exterior, I suggest using 2-3oz Calf, or at most 4oz 'regular' vegtan. Considering that it's a wallet and won't be seeing a lot of stress or be in a situation where strength is an issue, you could probably get away with the belly of a hide. Belly leather tends to be a small bit stretchier than say a shoulder or back. That would probably do well for the flexing the wallet will see. Call Springfield leather and tell them what you want to do- they are REALLY good about helping customers get the leather they need.

Thanks Mike!

God Bless, Ray

I agree Springfield is great at helping getting you pointed in the right direction.

I doubt you will find a premade interior for that style wallet. Pretty unique and more of a specialty wallet that wouldn't really fit thepremade market.

When do you need this? I actually am thinking this would be cool to make.

If you not in a hurry I am thinking I could whip one up and maybe a spare template might be be hanging around when I'm done.

Allen

I agree Springfield is great at helping getting you pointed in the right direction.

I doubt you will find a premade interior for that style wallet. Pretty unique and more of a specialty wallet that wouldn't really fit thepremade market.

When do you need this? I actually am thinking this would be cool to make.

If you not in a hurry I am thinking I could whip one up and maybe a spare template might be be hanging around when I'm done.

Allen

No hurry Allen. I've got lots of regular wallet wearing friends to work on in the mean time.:-)

If you could bless me with such a template, I'd appreciate it.

God Bless, Ray