Here is my first pancake holster, 5th overall. I need work on belt loops. Anyone with source info on punches would awesome. I hope the picture sizes right when I attach it., Any constructive criticism will be gladly received. Dwight from this forum was invaluable, Thank you!

TR

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=d728166b47&view=att&th=12f0d5bdf604c760&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

FYI - your link is not to a picture.

*Below the reply box is an easy way to attach your pictures...

Edited by LNLeather

What does it mean pancake in leathercraft terminology?

David,

I don't mean any offense, but I'll explain the American expression in case you have not heard it before. Pancakes are a liquid batter poured on a hot metal griddle that rise a little as they cook, but not very much. They are actually round and flat, and there is an expression we use that something is "flat as a pancake."

A pancake holster is two flat pieces of leather stitched around the contour of a pistol and around the edges that is flat as a pancake until we dampen the holster and insert the gun to mold it to the shape. It's still pretty flat, which makes the shape of the gun almost disappear under a jacket or shirt, so it is a very popular style of holster for concealed carry.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Ok , so I'm lame I admit it. (When it comes to computers). Can anyone see the picture now?

I also just saw that there is a better location for this post , sorry forummasters and administrators for gumming up the program. I will repost over in critique my work.

Thanks TR

post-20104-071763900 1301676552_thumb.jp

Edited by Tyree904

Tyree, very nice looking holster ....

I like the color for sure and it looks to fit perfectly for the weapon.. excellent job!

David,

I don't mean any offense, but I'll explain the American expression in case you have not heard it before. Pancakes are a liquid batter poured on a hot metal griddle that rise a little as they cook, but not very much. They are actually round and flat, and there is an expression we use that something is "flat as a pancake."

A pancake holster is two flat pieces of leather stitched around the contour of a pistol and around the edges that is flat as a pancake until we dampen the holster and insert the gun to mold it to the shape. It's still pretty flat, which makes the shape of the gun almost disappear under a jacket or shirt, so it is a very popular style of holster for concealed carry.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Thanks Mike, I didn't know the expression "flat as a pancake".

Ok , so I'm lame I admit it. (When it comes to computers). Can anyone see the picture now?

I also just saw that there is a better location for this post , sorry forummasters and administrators for gumming up the program. I will repost over in critique my work.

Thanks TR

Very nice. What gun is in there?