Sign in to follow this  
bruce johnson

Lots Of Tools For Sale

I have been putting a bunch of tools for sale on my website in the last few days. Some people have already found it and things are sold. To keep things organized, every picture is tagged with an inventory number. There are some really sweet plough gauges and draw gauges I put up today. There is a bunch of hand tools, punches, a few hammers, some punches too. Here's the link - Leather Tools for Sale. The best way to contact me is to email through my website "contact me" link.

Thanks,

Bruce

Dang nice bunch of tools!!

Mike

Bruce, this post is fairly old. Are the tools not listed as sold still for sale? I live near Monterey and was thinking of driving out to see what you have.

Bruce, this post is fairly old. Are the tools not listed as sold still for sale? I live near Monterey and was thinking of driving out to see what you have.

Bob,

Any tools currently on my website that are not marked sold, I still have. I try to keep pretty current with labeling the ones sold. If you want to come on over, just give me a call and we can push some tools around.

Thanks,

Bruce

I added more tools today to my website. There are a couple new knives there (CS Osborne and Rose), several draw gauges, and quite a few hand tools. If everything goes well, I will have a really nice 10" Chase splitter ready in a couple days too.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hey bruce, I am in the market for a new-OLD S.K do you have any??? I checked your site, and didn't see any:(

Hey bruce, I am in the market for a new-OLD S.K do you have any??? I checked your site, and didn't see any:(

Chancey,

I don't actively look for them, and most of them time they are already spoken for when I do get a set of tools that has stamps or swivel knives. The stamps usually stay on my bench.

Swivel knives are one of those things that I believe for the most part the best ones are being made right now. With the choice between Barry King, Chuck Smith, Leather Wrangler, Bob Beard, Henley, and couple others a person can pick a barrel size and blade in configurations that were not available before. Probably the best old ones are the Ray Hackbarth ones. I have had a few of them and like them well enough, but that would be my only real pick of the litter on the old ones. I used one of the old heavy Tandy Pro models and liked it at the time. I am not sure I'd jump to get one now though.

Chancey,

I don't actively look for them, and most of them time they are already spoken for when I do get a set of tools that has stamps or swivel knives. The stamps usually stay on my bench.

Swivel knives are one of those things that I believe for the most part the best ones are being made right now. With the choice between Barry King, Chuck Smith, Leather Wrangler, Bob Beard, Henley, and couple others a person can pick a barrel size and blade in configurations that were not available before. Probably the best old ones are the Ray Hackbarth ones. I have had a few of them and like them well enough, but that would be my only real pick of the litter on the old ones. I used one of the old heavy Tandy Pro models and liked it at the time. I am not sure I'd jump to get one now though.

Ya I have a couple old tandy ones from the 60's, and i like a straight blade, or hollow ground the best, just thought I would throw it out there:)

I was thinking I would get a B.K or Wrangler, but I like old tools that still work. I really love the back story, maybe that is more than just something that is brand spanking new and is scientifically made to precision, I was thinking something with some Mojo in it.....:)