Sign in to follow this  
MHolzer

Latest Mask

I've finally found my shop again after about 8 months of avoiding it like the plague, and look what I made! :rolleyes2:

post-6347-005789300 1302012724_thumb.jpgpost-6347-008224200 1302012781_thumb.jpg

The design was just a free-form doodle I made while explaining the mask making process to my 6th graders. I didn't want to use dye in the classroom because of the mess, so I ended up using metallic acrylics. This was the first time I had painted a mask and I am very pleased with how it came out.

Edited by MHolzer

I like your mask. I love using metallic acrylics. You might also like to try luminescent acrylics. An airbrush gives the best results when using acrylics, they just have to be watered down a bit.

That's great, Mike. Glad to see you back.

I like your mask. I love using metallic acrylics. You might also like to try luminescent acrylics. An airbrush gives the best results when using acrylics, they just have to be watered down a bit.

Thanks Roo! I will probably work my way up to luminescent acrylics after I've gotten the hang of painting in general :) As far as airbrushing goes, I'm trying to find someone locally to kind of give me a hands on. I have access to an airbrush now, but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

That's great, Mike. Glad to see you back.

Thanks Timd, it's nice to be back.