Hidalgo

Singer 29K72 Stitch Length Problem

On 4/12/2011 at 10:18 PM, Wizcrafts said:

If the motion feed crank has a worn down feed puck, you can braze bronze onto it, then shape it with a file, then buff it to a polished finish. If you take your time and get the clearance and ends shaped just loose enough to allow the crank to turn 360 degrees, you will get the maximum stitch length possible (~5/inch). I did this to two Singer patchers and both gave 5 stitches per inch after the bronze build up job.

Hello Wiz 

On 4/12/2011 at 10:18 PM, Wizcrafts said:

If the motion feed crank has a worn down feed puck, you can braze bronze onto it, then shape it with a file, then buff it to a polished finish. If you take your time and get the clearance and ends shaped just loose enough to allow the crank to turn 360 degrees, you will get the maximum stitch length possible (~5/inch). I did this to two Singer patchers and both gave 5 stitches per inch after the bronze build up job.

Hello Wiz (dont know your first name) 

My first name is Marc . I like your participation to the forum. You got a lot of experience their. Really appreciate it. 

About the Singer patcher stitch length problem, i have the same issue on my 29K171. You wrote bronze build up. 

Is it possible please to see a picture of which part you've done it? 

Thanks 

10 hours ago, Marcremb said:

Is it possible please to see a picture of which part you've done it? 

This is the feed motion crank I am referring to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162537988829