Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

Kindle Cover

Well been a while since I posted anything and finally gotten around to finishing a project. Had to get this together in one night before a little trip we were going on. The fiancee had just gotten a kindle so figured I would make something to protect it a little.

Horse hide, dyed light brown pro oil dye, oiled, sno-seal, and a coat or two of conditioner (horse tends to be a little dry). It is lined with brown suede split.

I really like horse so far, it tends to take on a older look almost right away, it burnishes real nicely as well. Also with time it wears really well also developing a nice shine in the worn spots and a mellow one in areas not usually rubbed while in use.

Also the water spots were something that was spilled on it in the truck before I could get pictures. Guess it did its job on its first day of duty.

post-5781-073694400 1302488094_thumb.jpg

post-5781-011202700 1302488108_thumb.jpg

post-5781-093803300 1302488123_thumb.jpg

post-5781-076939800 1302488184_thumb.jpg

Very nice pouch. I have one on the bench.

sweet. love the old time wore look. the hardware added to that effect. nice clean piece.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

This is one of the better Kindle covers I've seen on here, very classy looking. I've promised to make one for a friend - any chance you could show the inside of yours as I need some ideas on how to secure the Kindle inside.