Bryan

More Swivel Knives

Well here they are, my first production knives. I want to thank their new owners for sticking with me through this project. It was quite a learning experience. Things didn't quite go the way I planned but I am grateful that a few folks have given me the opportunity to prove myself & I hope they are as excited as I am about their knives. Unfortunately, I can't take any more orders for now. The lathe I am using is not mine & I can't count on being able to use it. I will definitely continue to build knives, but for now I think the custom orders will have to wait. Any one got a lathe they'd like to donate? :lol:

knives031rsz.jpg

knives025rsz.jpg

knives022rsz.jpg

knives017rsz.jpg

knives015rsz.jpg

knives009rsz.jpg

I really like mine. The action is smooth and it sure looks purdy. I put it through the paces this afternoon and it did not disappoint. I just wish I would have purchased a 9.5mm barrel as well. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to own one of your awesome custom knifes.

The skinny copper one with the angled blade showed up here yesterday. I went through several pounds of scrap testing the knife out. All around nice knife to use. The Henley blade is awesome, and the action is smoother than any of my other knifes. Thanks Bryan!

Great looking knives, are the blades replaceable? When you make them again I'd consider ordering one or two. Can you PM me the aprox price you are asking? Thanks.

Good looking knives.

Thank you guys for the positive feedback. It means a lot.

Bryan

Gday Folks

I am so looking forward to getting my knives from Bryan that I am a bit jealous that you folks have got yours ,,, lol

I think 10 days or so before I will see them in oz ,, cant wait !!!

Thanks for making them for us Bryan

Cheers

Bevan

Im new to Leather working and I havent even hit a stamp yet actually awaiting some material, but I know this is kinda a dumb like question but its something I have no idea about so Im gonna ask.... the purpose of the swivel knife is to tool an out line or create a crease, it is not an actual "CUTTING" knife? Nice work on the tools too. Clean!

Steve

Newest obsessive leatherworker to be!

First, I welcome you to the forum. Typically, if you are going to stamp any pattern on Veg Tan leather you are going to cut it with a 'knife.' Now, in the since of what we think of a knife, some of this is true for this job. The knife commonly referred to as a swivel knife (because the barrel can rotate 360 degrees for turns) is used to cut a channel in the leather. Now the school of thought is that you typically want cut down to a depth of 1/2 the thickness of the leather. With this cut line, you can now use stamping tools to add depth and effects.

To put this into perspective, think of the swivel knife as a pencil when drawing something. The pen will provide you a foundation and the shading and other items will add to your picture. Now, you can stamp without the swivel knife, but your lines will hard to follow. Take a look around the forum and you will find some pictures to show you what I mean.

If you have a chance, purchase the 'leather working manual' at Tandy. It is the best (IMHO) beginners book to help you understand this thing we call 'leather craft!'

Good question!

Gday Folks

I just got home from Easter Holidays and went to the mail box YEAHA 2 swivel knives 1 brass 1 copper , man they look good !!!!!

Now I need to get to town WITHOUT the cook so i can get some hide so I can give these well made craftmanship pieces a go.

I was luckey enough to get 2 knives from Bryan both are 1/2 "barrells one brass the other copper,I am ( I was ) giving 1 to a mate!! . Now here comes the problem , which 1 do I part with ????

Hey Bryan any chance of making some more soon , just so my mate can get 1 ??

Cheers

Bevan

www.bwrwhips.com

Edited by Bevan

Thanks Bevan. I sure hope to be building again soon & I will definitely let you guys know when I am.