Sign in to follow this  
wolfeyes

Apache Inspired Rifle Sheath

I made this for a friend, took the inspiration from the Apache Saddlebags that had apliqued leather over wool. This is brain tan deer with beading and red trade will. the front was sewn with buffalo leg sinew, but I moved to linen when my sinew pieces were getting short.

Apache01.jpg

Here it is with a few others I have done.

Sheaths002.jpg

Awesome work, especially with the authenticity of it. i really like that brass framed .44 with the stock too.

Very nice work. Did you do the bead work also?

Good job, wolfeyes, . . .

Like you, . . . I enjoy also doing pieces that are modeled after "old timey" things.

This is the only rifle bag I have made, . . . did it for a young USMC guy to carry his rolling block 45/70 in.

He has the heritage and the looks to carry it, . . . both as a Native American and a Marine.

And, . . . yeah, . . . there are 2400 individual beads in that emblem.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-036310000 1302838412_thumb.jpg

post-6728-034927300 1302838427_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I did the beading, first time I have tried my hand at it. I found a great tutorial on the leather forum at paleoplanet (http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/). That brass framed remington with the stock is a tack driver. I got the shoulder stock for an 1860 colt army I shoot and was gifted the remington. I found out that there is a bolt for the hammer that allows shoulder stocks to be added. Picked it up and with a little dremel action the stock fits both. although it will probably never be taken off the remington.

Oh, and Dwight, awesome sheath and beadwork. The work that went into that beading is excellent.