I made this Classic truck wallet and wanted to share it. C & C welcome. Love to hear what you think.

B

"Do it right the first time." - Dad

post-7195-067584200 1303178782_thumb.jpgpost-7195-091165000 1303178814_thumb.jpg

This motive rocks!! The paint is great and the dye is cool....but your stitching needs a lot of help....it is inconsistant and way to ruff....use a groover and a stitching wheel...then use thinner waxed Nylon thread....be consistant pulling both needles to a not to tight knot....make sure you do every stitch in the same direction and with the same pull....

Ohhh, and be aware that this wallet is already a killer wallet!!! Now you need to fine tune it and the old Chevy will purr like a kitten or roarr like a tiger, haha...

Keep it up you are doing great work!!:clapping:

Jimbob

I have to agree with the above assessment of the artwork - way cool man. Looks a lot like the old ranch truck I learned to drive in. I will disagree about the stitching however. It looks like the kind of stitching that was seen on the hippie style stuff Tandy was promoting in the seventies, and thus it matches the earthy tone of the wallet. It may be more liable to wear than a recessed stich, but it is also easily repaired. And who says that all leather stitching has to look like that on a tooled saddle?

My husband actually did the stitching on this one, but I see what you mean Jimbob. I had not noticed those irregular stitches, but they sure are there. We will try what you said.

Wyomingslick, I just sold this wallet yesterday. We will see what they think of it. I do see how that uneven stitches lends it's self to that old truck vintage look.

Thanks to both for your input. It can only get better!

Great use of colors and everything (stitching included) makes the wallet look as vintage as the truck. Great job!

That looks great! I love it.

Thanks! I really like the vintage look of this wallet too.

Oh, I love your wallet! I have a picture of a 50 Chevy pickup we had in the family for about 15 years.

I might have to borrow your idea and put old Maybeline on a wallet too. The old truck is gone, but I had put a leather seat cover on the bench seat and the seat back and covered the steering wheel with leather too. Thanks for reminding me...

I also really like the coloring on your wallet - the background and the truck. :specool:

. What color did you use for the background?

Edited by LNLeather

Very nice! Love the colors (looks like a well-weathered factory blue) and the background. You've given a newbie a real good idea of what to do with that checkbook cover that came with my kit. Thanks for posting this.

I used anitque tan for the background. I was not sure how that was going to turn out, but I just played with it with a damp paper towel for a bit and that's how it came out. Old trucks are lots of fun to put on a wallet or checkbook cover. I'd love to see it when you are finished Cheryl and Stephen!

HI, also love the paint job on truck little touches of of rust here and there, very nice job on the background too.....Truck looks like it's ready to be animated.