Sign in to follow this  
Greavous

Leather Wraped Steering Wheel

Greetings all! My very first post here. I found this site in search for techniques to reach a successful end to my latest project. Since then wrapping steering wheels has become somewhat a business for me. My latest wheel arrived on Thursday evening and was the most difficult basket case thus far. The foam was degraded as well as it turned on the inner metal ring when twisted. It was also somewhat swollen and the dimensional girth measurements changed all around the diameter of the wheel. Anyway, just wanted to say hello, thanks for such a cool site and to show off my new craft. By the way, over the years ive also done some holsters and possible bags and such, I know what im doing now boarders upholstery vs. leather craft but it is leather.

300zx Steering wheels

combo.jpg

2011-04-20_19-40-30_548.jpg

Chris

Nice job ! You sure made a silk purse out of a sows ear on that one !

Really nice job!

Hi! I was hopeing u could help me with making a template for my steering wheel ,also with 4 spokes. The model is a VW, and i would be very happy if i could wrap it my self. Thank u , i am very eager to recive a message from u.

post-21644-025605800 1305566935_thumb.jp

Edited by liviucon

Since as you say this is more upholstery I was wondering how you do the stitching? I can't even begin to imagine how it's done. very nice work also

Greavous, this is fabulous work! Mind me asking what a job like the one pictured costs to get done?

Are you still doing steering wheels? If checking this site please let me know as I am doing one on my brother's boat. I've done many an oxbow stirrup, but that has no spokes, and different leather than this boat project.